Managing Director, State and Local Tax (SALT)
Position Summary – We are looking for State and Local Tax experts
In these exciting roles, Managing Directors, State and Local Tax will be charged with marketing, networking, and business development within their area of experience and specialization and maintaining key client relationships. You will thrive in a face-paced empowered environment.
You will have strong consulting skills and experience where there is no roadmap or process-driven repeatable process workflow to follow. Each client’s facts may yield a different custom recommended plan of attack.
You will have Big 4 experience and enjoy coaching and mentoring others. The Managing Director is a critical part of the office’s / region’s Tax Services leadership team and will act as a source for guidance on complex tax questions and issues. You will want to advance your career and prepare to advance to a Partner. You will report to a Partner.
Core Responsibilities – will be discussed in detail with all qualified candidates.
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Consulting
- Tax Controversy Representation
- Tax Specialization – State and Local Tax expert
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- FAS 109 and FIN 48
- Strategy Development
- Manage the work of other State and Local Tax professionals
- Strong tax consulting skills.
- Experience where there is no roadmap or process-driven repeatable process workflow to follow as each client’s facts may yield a different custom recommended plan of attack.
- Ability to share your knowledge with clients and teammates.
- Desire to embrace an inclusive environment.
- Possess exceptionally high standards of service and integrity.
- Forward-thinking and insightful about our business and our client’s business.
- Deliver on your promises and obligations.
- State tax technical expertise – able to lead high-risk/technically complex engagements ensuring quality, staying on top of technical developments in the sales tax space.
- Understand a client’s business and identify issues that need to be considered / scope (describe) & sell that work.
- Able to communicate effectively (both oral and written) to stakeholders and vary messages accordingly depending on the audience – clients, supervisors, direct reports (development of others) for various stages of project development, completion, and delivery.
- Telecom, and utilities tax experience will be a plus.
- Ten or more years of prior state and local tax experience required.
- Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis required.
- Prior experience preparing and reviewing tax provisions preferred.
- Prior experience with corporate taxation, consolidations and partnerships preferred.
Our client offers a total reward and customizable benefits plan, including:
- Growth opportunities
- Fun at work
- Hybrid work options
- Paid time off – PTO
- 401K Match
- Family benefits
- Wellness programs
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, FSA, prescription insurance for the whole family from day one.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields