Managing Director – M&A, IPOs and Financial Reporting
New York, NY
For the Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services (ATS) Managing Director position, you will be supporting our clients’ in the following areas:
– Audit preparation (audit schedule and financial statement preparation, interfacing with auditors)
– IPO readiness (S-1 preparation, understanding and fulfilling filing requirements)
– Financial and SEC reporting (public and private disclosure/reporting requirements)
– Technical accounting research and implementation
– Mergers and acquisitions (due diligence, purchase price allocation, post transaction support and integration)
– Project advisory services ( project management office (PMO), needs analysis/requirements planning, and technical assistance and planning)
We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated and will work with firm leadership to develop our vision and future goals, to assist in the development of team members, both professionally and technically, and to further grow and expand our ATS practice.
Director Minimum Job Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification
- 10+ years of audit, compliance and/or operations combined which must include a minimum of 4 or more years of public accounting experience, preferably, at a Big 4 or national firm
- Experience and proven success in selling professional services through existing client relationships and as well as the development of new client prospect
- Empathy: The leader attempts to understand and empathize with others. Workers must be considered not only as employees, but also as people who need to be developed and from whom their respect must be earned.
- Self-Awareness: The leader has the ability to view situations from an integrated, holistic position.
- Foresight: The leader has the ability to foresee the likely outcome of a situation. It enables the leader to learn about the past and to achieve a better understanding about the current reality.
- Building community: A leader identifies means to build a strong community within his organization and wants to develop a true community among businesses and institutions.
- Skillfully provides feedback on a regular basis that motivates team members to improve performance
- Earns the respect of team members through a willingness to help people help themselves
- Supports people with their personal development plans and follows up on progress, creating a learning environment
- Encourages and seeks feedback from subordinates
- Recognizes strengths in people and maximizes them to build effective teams
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in simple terms to firm clients as well as internal employees
- Demonstrates an eagerness to stay current with technical accounting literature and the ability to teach internal employees in the following key areas: revenue recognition, equity issues, consolidation, derivatives, fair value measurements, EPS, acquisitions, inventory and share-based payments.
- Extensive research skills demonstrating the ability to research and summarize new and emerging technical issues
- Exhibits sound judgment and supportable conclusions in arriving at technical conclusions
- Outstanding client service skills with a “can do” positive attitude
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Ability to travel
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields