Manager, Quality Assurance
Elite dairy producer has a need for a Quality Assurance Manager to provide principal leadership for the Quality, Food Safety and Regulatory programs for a cultured dairy processing and cheese cut and wrap plant. Specific responsibilities include
- Evaluation, development, maintenance, and implementation of programs to manage and sustain the facility’s HACCP, Preventive Controls, GMPs, Pest Control, Food Defense, Recall, Weights and Measures and SQF programs according to IDFA, NCIMS and NACMCF.
- Manage a laboratory that operates 24/7 including maintaining staffing, scheduling, testing, supplies inventory, equipment and facility maintenance.
- Develop and maintain all QA documentation for the facility including Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the product status program including management and maintenance of Hold, Release, Re-work and Reject programs for the plant.
- Organize and conduct annual HACCP review including Management review of applicable programs including Preventive Controls, Intentional Adulteration and Food Defense.
- Responsible to maintain State certification for Producer Testing.
- Maintain the plant’s Pathogen Environmental Monitoring program including investigation and CAPAs for any out of specification results.
- Responsible to assure that periodic review of QA Policies and Procedures is carried out to meet the requirement of SQF.
- Responsible for Kosher and HALAL and other food product certifications as needed.
- Facilitate 3rd party audit support as required by current industry and customer requirements and provide corrective action plans as needed. Lead person for FDA Audits of the facility. Assign and direct personnel as needed for State and USDA inspections.
- Review all critical Food Safety paperwork to assure compliance with regulatory requirements, standards and norms.
- Accountable for Traceability Programs including mock trace exercises as required by Corporate QA.
- Responsible for QA Department Budget.
- Manage the Consumer and Customer Complaint process including identification of root cause and corrective actions. Communicate with customers and consumers in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage Plant Sanitarian and QA Supervisor, including oversight of their direct reports. People responsibilities include provide real-time feedback on performance and associated formal evaluations, oversee schedules and time worked, coordinate job training and cross-training, identify and resolve performance issues, adherence to Company policies, procedures and practices, including safety, GMPs and all corporate policies.
Requirements: • Bachelor of Science in a scientific field plus at least 5 years of food manufacturing experience is a MUST. Other requirements include:
- Knowledge of dairy processing is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Supervisor or Manager
- SQF Practitioner Certification, PCQI Certification, HACCP Certification is preferred but not required
- Computer Skills – Proficiency in office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to other’s views, give and welcome feedback, contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Understand business implications of decisions.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields