Manager FP&A – Retail
San Francisco, CA
The Manager of FP&A will collaborate with partners throughout the business to enhance projections, support strategic initiatives and improve overall financial performance of the business. You will oversee the preparation of reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of sales, expenses, and income based on past, present, and expected operations. You will also support corporate analytics/reporting, Board deck preparation and will be responsible for providing a broad spectrum of operations and financial analysis.
- Partner with the Executive team to drive the business from a sales and profit perspective.
- Provide leadership and coaching to corporate FP&A team.
- Develop financial analysis, challenging assumptions and validating deliverables
- Perform necessary business analytics to validate key initiatives
- Conduct operational and financial analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine company’s progress toward long-range goals and objectives
- Assist with the monthly close process
- Prepares various reporting/analysis as required for senior leadership.
- Provide ongoing business insights that summarize and analyze business performance
- Other ad hoc financial and accounting analyses
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 6+ years of professional experience
- Must be a problem-solver and be able to function in a high volume, fast-paced environment that serves many high-profile internal customers
- Ability to communicate in an effective and clear manner with leaders and peers, fully capable of taking a stand built on a fact-based, experienced foundation
- Strong organizational skills, taking accountability for driving the completion of insightful, influencing reports and presentations
- Budgeting, project evaluation and spend/cost analysis skills required, knowing how to rise above significant detail to create insights, conclusions, actions
- Ability to lead projects and work with others cross-functionally to determine the best course of action for getting results and generating solutions Excellent PC skills: proficiency in Microsoft Access preferred (but not required), Advanced level skill in Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint a must
- Exhibits leadership competencies and professional maturity in dealing with w/peers, leaders and customers
- High initiative and self-direction
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, recommend, and implement solutions to improve operations
- Strong collaboration skills to build solid, trusted relationships across the business and with Leadership
- Ability to multi-task throughout the day
- Undergraduate majors preferred: Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics, Business
- MBA is valued, but not required
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields