Des Moines, IA
$25 - $28
Des Moines, IA
Our Des Moines, IA food manufacturing client is looking to hire a day shift Maintenance Technician (6am-6pm) and night shift Maintenance Technicians (6pm-6am). These Maintenance Tech positions perform process and production maintenance throughout the facility. Multi craft Maintenance responsibilities includes but not be limited to equipment breakdowns, installation and startups, process improvements, preventative/precision maintenance programs and continuous improvements activities i.e. increasing machine reliability and installation of facility capital investments.
- Experience in the installation and repair of mechanical equipment required.
- Diagnose and repair of all mechanical power transmission equipment. Knowledge of gear boxes, mechanical drives, variable speed applications, and Servo motors.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Knowledge of cylinders, valves, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration and lubrication devices.
- Diagnose, repair and overhaul process pumps, automatic control valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, basic electrical AC/DC troubleshooting, and related systems.
- Proficient in knowledge of bearings, pulleys, chain drives, belt drives, and lubricants standards and applications.
- Experienced use of precision tools i.e. dials indicators, micrometers, calipers, and depth gauges.
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping diagrams.
- Skilled in pipe fitting, soldering, rigging application and use of mechanical tools, hand tools, and power tools.
- 480v 3 phase knowledge required. Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of personal/process control computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC), and Networking devices a plus. Allen Bradley experiences is a plus
- AA in Engineering, Operations or Applicable technical knowledge or Degree/Certification from Trade School.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in industrial operations, Plant operations, maintenance, utilities and/or related field.
- Boilers and/or ammonia refrigeration experience is a plus.
- Food manufacturing experience is a plus.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields