Maintenance Supervisor of Facilities
$75,000 - $85,000 / yr
In this role you will be responsible for initiating / assisting with setting up and managing a value added Preventative Maintenance (PM) program that utilizes plant resources to extend and preserve plant assets. PM management will include all facility equipment and ensure security of production while understanding that the direction of all PM activities shall be in line with company operating policies and procedures. Will ensure compliance with safety, legislative, environmental, and certifying authority requirements. Uses independent judgment and exercises discretion in executing their duties. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality
1. Manage direct reports to ensure that high standards of safety are developed, met and maintained at the facilities.
2. Arrange and coordinate equipment downtime to perform preventative/planned maintenance work and to assure that equipment is released back into production in a timely basis.
3. Work with Mechanical Engineering to schedule, perform, and record facility hoist checks and any required maintenance that is required.
4. Work with Mechanical Engineering to assure that lubrication routes are being maintained and that lubrication schedules are being met.
5. Plan and execute planned maintenance on facility equipment.
6. Order parts for project work, planned maintenance, and non-storeroom items.
7. Secure labor (outside contractors) as needed.
8. Assist Safety Manager and/or Mechanical Engineer with facility safety inspections and follow up on deficiencies and recommendations.
9. Ensure that facilities and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations, agency standards and fiscal consideration.
10. Develop, implement, record, and regularly review PM maintenance logs for ISO purposes.
11. Provide a summary of maintenance recommendations to the relevant Area Manager or Facility Maintenance Manager.
12. Evaluate long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements.
13. Coordinate, arrange and supervise, or provide for, the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance with company operating procedures, practices and financial considerations.
14. Will ensure that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
15. Develop, implement and review equipment records (included in Maintenance Logs).
16. Establish procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment requiring minor repairs on a frequent basis.
17. Secure major equipment bids and make recommendations for purchase when replacement or new equipment is required.
18. May arrange or provide training for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of equipment.
19. Provide staff training in a variety of safety and maintenance topics including the effective utilization of the maintenance logs, completion of routine maintenance specific to the facility, equipment operations, multimedia fire safety training, etc.
20. Arrange and coordinate annual fire safety training with the Safety Director and/or various other employees and staff.
21. Regularly review and monitor compliance with safe work systems and maintenance procedures.
22. Fill in for Facility Maintenance Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor as needed.
23. Will perform other duties as assigned.
Experience in estimating maintenance and repair costs a plus.
Ability to lead a multi-task team as a supervisor and in a technical capacity.
Good knowledge of maintenance method and equipment with strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
Managing union workforce experience desired
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields