Skip Navigation

Maintenance Supervisor – 2nd shift
Indianapolis, IN

Back To Job Board

Direct Hire

$75,000 - $90,000 / yr

Maintenance Supervisor – 2nd shift

Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the selected candidate will oversee the maintenance department, production lines and affiliated equipment. Schedule work and staffing to meet production demands. Maintain the preventative maintenance system and work toward exceeding the plants safety and uptime goals. Control maintenance expenses by managing overtime and parts expenses weekly.

Establish mechanical integrity and equipment reliability programs to ensure employee safety. Provide environmental security and maximize the plant’s availability, product quality, and cost effectiveness. Other primary responsibilities include ownership of the plant’s PM/PdM activities; leadership of equipment performance tracking and repair/improvement prioritization; technical coaching of mechanical craftsmen; and engineering support of maintenance and capital projects.  Will  be compensated for working weekends (if needed). Bonus eligibility of 8% and includes both base salary and OT. Vacation is accrued monthly but can be used prior to accruing – 21 days total. 401k is matched dollar for dollar up to 6% plus an additional 3% for a total of 9% company contribution.   Relocation assistance will be provided nationally. 

Position Responsibilities

  • Monitor downtime occurrences and efficiencies of the production lines, paying special attention for maintenance and mechanical trends – aiming for continuous improvement.
  • Train, motivate and direct employees to follow safe, quality work methods and standards.
  • Enforce the plant’s safety program and maintain compliance to all OSHA safety regulations and standards.
  • Maintain equipment for efficient operation within maintenance budget; operate within the constraint of the union contract and USDA regulations.
  • Assume full ownership of predictive and preventive maintenance activities including oil analysis, vibration analysis, engine-compressor analysis, and infrared thermography.
  • Evaluate PM/PDM activities and frequencies to ensure optimum use of workforce and resources in maximizing equipment reliability.
  • Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blue prints, schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.

Position Qualifications

  • High school diploma or GED equivalent required, bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical engineering or other technical degree program preferred
  • 3+ years of previous maintenance experience
  • Previous management experience
  • Experience with Preventative Maintenance programs and knowledge of Electronic and Electrical principals.
  • CAD/Drafting experience desirable.

Physical Requirements

While performing the tasks of this job, you are required to talk and hear. You are frequently required to stand and walk and occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. You will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.


They care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:

  • Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
  • Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
  • Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
  • Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)


Major brand name company that has a team that is passionate about innovation and growth has this opportunity in the Indianapolis, Indiana metropolitan area at one of their plant locations. 

They  pride ourselves on having a most impactful, energized and inclusive culture.


Back To Job Board

Submit Your Resume

"*" indicates required fields

First Name*
Last Name*
Max. file size: 20 MB.
Drop your resume and other files here or upload here
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.