$25 - $33
(12 hour Day shift & Night shift openings)
Our Minneapolis, MN food manufacturing client is looking to hire a Maintenance Mechanic for their Day shift (6am-6pm) and Night Shift (6pm-6am). This Maintenance Mechanic position is responsible for ensuring the proper performance of the equipment.
- Troubleshooting basic electrical/mechanical problems for processing equipment, which includes: peelers, washers, cutting equipment, and cooking equipment.
- Troubleshooting basic electrical/mechanical problems for packaging equipment, which includes: combination scales, vertical packaging machines (VFFS), horizontal packaging machines (HFFS), fillers, case packers and case erectors, tapers, coders, and hot melt glue machines.
- Troubleshooting basic electrical/mechanical problems with material handling equipment, which includes: conveyors, augers, pumps, blowers, and rebuilt cutting equipment.
- Troubleshooting for 3 Phrase electrical motors.
- Wiring Motors.
- General cleaning of equipment and maintaining good housekeeping throughout the department per the daily sanitation checklist.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Possess a basic knowledge of the processing, packaging and material handling equipment.
- Possess a basic knowledge of the utilities in the plant and be able to maintain the equipment.
- One (1) year experience (if applicable) in industrial electrical troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of Freon refrigeration systems (if applicable), ammonia refrigeration systems (if applicable), welding and torch cutting, waste treatment equipment, which includes centrifuges, clarifiers, dewatering equipment, and pumps.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields