Maintenance Mechanic – Food Production
American Fortune 500 food manufacturer with multiple well-known brand names. Great culture, excellent benefits, new facility! They need Maintenance Mechanics with automated food manufacturing experience.
** Fortune 500 food manufacturer with great company culture, OT compensation, excellent benefits, a new facility that is expanding so room for growth, no travel!**
- Responsible for the manufacture of consumer foods that comply with all food safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Understands and supports company and site safety policies and performs work related activities in a safe manner. Recognizes unsafe work conditions and behaviors and engages with co-workers to ensure conditions and behaviors comply with policies. Suggests changes to safety policies as appropriate
- Performs the necessary activities to operate, maintain, and clean production equipment.
- Understands, follows, and improves documented operational, maintenance, and sanitation standards in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) work environment.
- Performs equipment changeovers and sanitation activities.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities, work orders, and lubrication in a timely manner to maximize performance of plant equipment. Improves and modifies preventative maintenance activities as appropriate.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and/or replaces complex processing and packaging equipment including: Mechanical components such as conveyor belts, bearings, motors, pulleys, shafts, gearboxes, etc. Pneumatic components such as air cylinders, diverters, hoses, regulators, pumps, valves, etc.
- Utilizes drawings, prints, and instruction manuals to determine proper steps to be taken for equipment preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Coaches other team members on technical skills, machine functionality, defect identification and resolution, and equipment repairs.
- Active participant in training and qualification programs for designated line/area. Participates in assessments, ensures effective training, and maintains consistent qualification standards.
- Uses continuous improvement tools, including breakdown elimination, to eliminate losses and drive issues to root cause; documents, communicates, and implements corrective and preventative actions.
- Serves as owner of one or more technical, safety, or quality systems and is responsible for building technician skill and providing ongoing coaching.
- Creates documentation as needed (SOPs, Job Aids, PM Improvements, etc.).
- Increases skills and knowledge by attending technical training sessions, participating in vendor visits, and scheduled maintenance activities.
- Uses a computer to input and maintain accurate records and data. Can utilize email and online training resources.
- Maintains accurate electronic database of repair and maintenance activities, including parts usage and time tracking.
- Facilitates effective shift pass down with the prior/next shift to discuss safety, quality, and production issues.
- Lead projects to improve safety, quality, and production results in a designated area.
- Works as part of a team and assists fellow employees as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates, technical degree or training is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of mechanical or maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Willing to work 12-hour rotating shifts and overtime as needed.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Willing to travel for training (2 trips, 8 days each), once travel is permitted.
- Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and general instructions.
- Able to understand and carry out both oral and written instructions.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Able to provide leadership and prioritization in designated equipment area.
- Able to set and meet goals.
- Able to prioritize and manage workload in a changing environment.
- Able to work both independently and on a team.
- Works well with support personnel to maintain high standards for safety, quality, and reliability and drive improvements.
- Able to make data-driven decisions and engage others as appropriate.
- Basic mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills.
- Basic computer skills including email and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to learn company-specific computer systems, including maintenance enterprise system.
- Able to perform the key responsibilities outlined above in accordance with safety standards and practices.
- Physical requirements of the job include the ability to: Lift and carry up to 50 pounds, Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces, push, pull, kneel, squat, climb, Perform repetitive actions, reach, and feel
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields