Maintenance and Engineering Department
The Maintenance Manager will manage all aspects of equipment maintenance projects and requests from production to ensure maximum production quality and quantity while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company. Equipment systems include utilities (compressed air, boilers, water treatment, HVAC, electrical), mixing, dividing/molding, proofing, baking, cooling and packaging.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with continuous improvement of the production facility regarding planning and execution of improvement projects.
- Directs and manages all maintenance technicians on three shifts.
- Manage maintenance personnel and create weekly schedule for all maintenance technicians including evaluating and approving overtime.
- Work with upper management to keep the plant and all manufacturing assets on a continuous improvement path for quality and efficiency.
- Ensures appropriate scheduling of work to promote maximum amount completed with minimal plant downtime, resulting in higher plant efficiency.
- Continuously managing techs to keep unscheduled downtime to a minimum.
- Manages the maintenance staff through delegation, policy and procedure administration, assignment of work responsibilities, planning, organizing, directing and follow-up of the work assignment.
- Identifies weak points in equipment and automation and reports to the Co-President.
- Ensures the smooth daily operation of the plant with minimal repetitive issues.
- Evaluates, and recommends improvements to manufacturing processes.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Works to advance and promote the safety culture at the site.
- Ensures availability of spare parts and maintains a well-organized spare parts inventory.
- Develops and implements a PM program for facility equipment.
- Maintain and upgrade equipment, develop and implement new procedures and methods and improve production flow to reduce costs and /or improve productivity or quality.
- Ensures all employees understand and follow department objectives and company policies and procedures.
- Conducts performance reviews, goal setting, development, and coaching of department staff.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to work individually and as a member of a team of maintenance professionals
- 2+ years of management/leadership experience
- 2+ years high speed production facility maintenance experience, preventive and corrective, including work on pneumatics, electrical, electronics, plumbing, mechanical, welding, variable frequency drives, motors, and associated control circuits
- Ability to effectively analyze and successfully troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems
- Must have a working knowledge of computer applications
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word and Outlook
- Robotic experience a plus
- Safety and food safety knowledge
- Allen Bradley PLC experience
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields