Develops and implements improvements in manufacturing processes by studying product manufacturing methods and process flows. Looks for ways to automate manual processes to improve throughput and quality while improving margins.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support for continuous improvement activities:
- Develops layouts (AutoCAD, DWG).
- Prepares time and motions studies, BOM’s, routings, Work Instructions.
- Chart process flow, Control plans, PFMEA.
- Performs research on best materials and methods for manufacturing.
- Participates and learns to lead Lean events and follow up on approved improvements to ensure their effectiveness and continued value.
- Provides leadership by guiding the activities.
- Periodically reports on progress.
- Provides support for any major equipment and process installation and setup.
- Interfaces with equipment manufacturer, operations, maintenance, safety, and quality.
- Trains affected employees.
- Works with Operation Management to establish goals for improvements in safety, quality and productivity.
Education and Background:
- High School Diploma or 2-year Technical/Engineering Degree.
- BS Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of TPM, 5S, Time Studies, Lean Manufacturing.
- Character traits: have integrity, be responsible, have a positive attitude, be respectful of others, be self-motivated.
- Lead by example, must be a “hands on” leader and engages in daily activities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite especially Office and basic computer skills.
- Excellent time management skills, communication skills, mathematical abilities and analytical abilities.
- Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels, from General Managers to Line Operators.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields