Senior/Lead Superintendent with extensive experience on complex ground up projects needed for growing General Contractor in Oregon that focuses on multi-family residential, both ground-up and tenant improvements.
Prefer candidates with at least 8 years experience with Multi-Family / Mixed-Use commercial construction and experience with projects of $100million or more.
Candidate should be experienced working with all trades/subcontractors.
Procore proficiency is highly preferred, and should be comfortable utilizing and learning various other construction software applications.
$110,000 -$140,000 yearly salary (DOE) and great benefits
* Responsible for efficient employment of job labor and equipment to assure minimum of costs and maintain project within budget. Assures adequate supervision is given to job labor.
* Responsible for assuring that safe working conditions exist on the job site in compliance with appropriate governmental safety standards and that company safety program and policies are enforced.
* Investigates and recommends improvements in work methods and materials.
* Provide Project Assistant necessary information for accurate and timely submittal updates and cost projections.
* Responsible for initiating and maintaining positive relationships with owners, architects, consulting engineers and others related to the job to assure good communication and rapport. Make proper and timely information available to the above persons to keep them informed and to assure a high degree of credibility and confidence.
* Assures that subcontractor crews are sufficiently manned and schedules crews to assure proper workflow.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining equitable business-like relationships between the company and subcontractors and suppliers and assuring their performance as required.
*Specific Responsibilities after Project Commencement*
* Properly prepares initial concrete form design to facilitate ordering of all required forming items.
* Coordinates tilt wall panel lay-down plan with concrete subcontractor and erector to ensure minimal use of matting, casting beds, and damage to existing slabs or paving while providing a safe and productive method of erecting tilt wall panels, if applicable to the project.
* Determine location of any existing utilities. Establish and post location of closest medical facilities.
* Locate and arrange for all necessary utilities, temporary facilities and services.
* Evaluates and decides on alternatives for equipment usage and determines material and small tool purchases.
* Determines size of work crews and time required for construction labor activities.
* Analyze cost reports to determine accuracy and alert Project Manager to errors or omissions.
* Comply with contract and contract documents.
* Reviews shop drawings to ensure that fabricated materials are properly specified and sized for the project.
* Assists Project Manager in estimating changes and verifying appropriateness of claims from subcontractors.
*Project Document Administration and Record-Keeping*
* Daily reports must be completed daily and sent to the Project Manager via email. All fields to be filled-out.
* Routine safety inspections and safety meetings shall be made in accordance with the company’s Safety Program – no exceptions.
* Superintendent to plan, schedule, reside over, and take meeting minutes for weekly subcontractor meetings.
* Two week rolling schedule shall be completed weekly and transmitted to the Project Manager weekly. Information on rolling schedule shall be obtained from weekly subcontractor meetings.
* Collect a series of digital pictures describing the progress of the work in all phases and transmit to the Project Manager on a weekly basis.
* Complies with SWPPP program including recordkeeping, inspections, and enforcement. See the company’s SWPPP plan for specific requirements.
* Updates of the record set of “as-built” documents must be done on a weekly basis by superintendent and relevant trades on site. Reconstruction of “as-built” conditions at the end of the project is strictly forbidden.
* Valid driver’s license
* Completion of OSHA 30 Hour training certification
* CPR/First Aid
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail required
* Ability to effectively manage time and project deadlines.
* The ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously and in an accurate and timely manner.
* Considerable skill in problem solving, conflict resolution, and managing confidential information/situations.
* Strong customer service skills needed to build and maintain relationships with clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
* Behavior that supports positive work environment keeping in line with company mission and values.
* Five to eight years of construction experience with a general contractor preferred
* Has thorough knowledge of construction methods and an understanding of blueprints and specifications
* Strong ability to supervise employees and job activities
* Intermediate understanding of computers
* Communication by email, sending digital pictures and files
* Knowledge of online project management software utilized by the company. Company will provide this training
* The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* The employee must be able to lift and/or carry over 50+ pounds on a periodic basis and be able to push/pull over 50+ pounds on a periodic basis.
* Reliable, predictable attendance at the scheduled site/office.
* Ability to work in a sometimes stressful environment.
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
* The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least eight hours per day.
* The Employee must be able to work and adapt to outside temperature fluctuations such as the heat of the summer and the cold of the winter months.
* The work in this position is performed both indoors and outdoors.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields