Lead Embedded Software Engineer – RADAR
$120,000 - $135,000 / yr
- Lead team of software engineers responsible for ECU software development
- Ability to adapt to changing software release schedules and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Perform initial software project estimations based on defined customer (internal or external customer) requirements. The objective is to estimate effort required and software development resources needed to meet initial commitments as well as tools needed to support development
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned projects. Conduct weekly software change control board meetings and work with stakeholders to define software milestones, establish release contents, evaluate change requests, and software issues
- Update and maintain the software project schedule based on changes/defects discovered during development and validation or based on new customer requirements.
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance to a process
- Establish software project configuration management, define the software project archive configuration and usage. Collaboration between the Lead Software Engineer and the Software Architect is required to define and sustain the project archive. All the software development shall be maintained in the project archive, all changes shall be reviewed and approved by the lead software engineer and software architect to ensure meeting commitments and quality.
- Function as the main interface to all software project negotiations
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Plan and perform software release builds, software pre-release integration tests and release software in accordance to a process.
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Possess excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- Exemplify building trust, working together, Driving Customer Focus, and Driving Performance and Simplicity
- Ability to design, implement, and test modular embedded software for multicore microcontrollers
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in automotive (or heavy vehicle) embeddes software development, using formal development processes
- Experience as a Team Lead or a Senior Engineer, with some leadership responsibilities
- C and Assembly programming for 16/32/64-bit micro-controllers
- AUTOSAR development background is a must.
- ASPICE experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, Ethernet etc.)
- Experience in developing embedded software for Ford, GM, or other OEM Network Operating Systems
- Experience working with Embedded Realtime Operating Systems (RTA-OS, OSEK, etc.)
- Experience in industry standards like UDS Diagnostics, ISO26262, AUTOSAR, ASPICE
- Experience in developing embedded software systems with multiple microcontrollers and System on chips
- Experience using the following tools or related tools: Requirements management (DOORS), Architect & Design (Enterprise Architect), compilers (TASKING compiler/linker), Static Analysis (QAC or LDRA), Debuggers (iSYSTEM winIDEA), Unit Testing (VectorCAST), Configuration Management (GIT or PTC Integrity), AUTOSAR Development (DaVinci Developer, ISOLAR-A or DaVinci Configurator or EB Tresos), Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela, …)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers are available
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields