Laboratory Manager – Polymers and Formulated Products
Our client is a manufacturer of polymers and related formulated products for industrial and institutional use. They require an experienced chemist to serve as their Laboratory Manager at their manufacturing facility in the Milwaukee, WI area. The Laboratory Manager oversees the development of new and improved polymers and technologies and is responsible for various development projects for the industrial segment and also manufacturing support.
- Leading and managing a team of technicians and chemists by providing technical and formulation expertise in Acrylic Emulsion Polymerization and/or Polyurethane Dispersions.
- Working with the team to prioritize projects, determine collaboration opportunities, leveraging best practices and technologies.
- Provide product recommendations, formulating guidance.
- Providing regular communication on projects and status updates, in addition to work in progress and future resource management.
- Utilizing and reinforcing DOE tools during R&D activities.
- Develop action plans for resolving technical challenges.
- Direct the timely completion of technical projects relating to product improvement, product maintenance, manufacturing improvement, and commercialization support initiatives by leading team members.
- Manage and develop the technical staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering or closely related STEM discipline.
- At least 5 years of laboratory development experience in water based polymer systems with an emphasis on emulsion polymers or polyurethane dispersions.
- Previous experience supervising technical personnel in an industrial laboratory setting.
- Advanced degree in a related STEM discipline is desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields