Java Programmer Analyst
Java Programmer Analyst
Manufacturing company is seeking a skilled individual for our Java Programmer Analyst. The IT Programmer Analyst will work as an integral member of a high-performance team making important individual & team contributions. The Programmer will design, develop and implement business applications that meets the requirements of the user and the goals of the company. This role possesses higher analytical skills to be able to independently analyze, create and solve a medium to complex level tasks. Additional responsibilities include having good knowledge in functional areas and user processes, have excellent communication skills, work with users directly to address issues & train/assist junior team members.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities – there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company
- Develop and maintain Web applications as defined by Project Lead
- Support and Train internal/external users on existing applications
- Analyze, design, implement and support company’s internet/intranet Web applications.
- Assist users in definition of business problems; propose, design and implement technical solutions.
- Troubleshoot programs according to the system requirements and specifications.
- Estimate schedules for projects undertaken and complete on time, adhering to predetermined specifications and quality standards.
- Produce documentation such as Technical Design Document and Work Instructions
- Work as an integral member of a high-performance team, making important individual contributions
- Work on projects and tasks and provide schedules and updates to ensure timely completion
- Work independently on medium to complex level tasks with little supervision
- Participate in additional projects to support ongoing business needs
Nature & Scope:
- Applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience
- Manages projects and processes while working independently and with limited supervision
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower-level professionals
- Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience working with databases, DB2, SQL server and experience in writing SQL queries and store procedures
- Experience with creating Web Services, RESTFUL, SOAP, JSON
- knowledge with multi-threading technologies
- Experience in cloud environments such as AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with Web Application Servers; Websphere 8.5 in Windows or iSeries platform
- Strong trouble-shooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn and use new Web Application Technologies.
- Understanding the full life cycle of software/application development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in estimating schedules for projects/tasks and complete them on time
- Effective organizational, time management and project management skills
- Effective collaboration and team building skills
- Ability to transition into project/team lead role
- Ability to apply good judgement, strong work ethics and integrity on the job
- 5-10 years of progressive experience of web application development experiences in JAVA
- BA/BS Degree in MIS/Computer Science
- (Equivalent experience might be considered in lieu of degree)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
- Able to work a rotating on call schedule when needed.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields