IT Systems Engineer – Manufacturing
$95,000 - $110,000 / yr
Located near Newington, NH, our client is a 250-year-old, brand-name, leading provider and manufacturer in their industry. Their name is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice!
Offered is a competitive salary including bonus, 401k match, excellent benefits, an employee discount, and opportunities for growth. This is a HYBRID position!
The Systems Engineer position focuses primarily on the support and growth of IT systems and applications related to manufacturing and design, including Internet of Things (IoT), Operational Technology (OT) systems, Engineering and Quality software, and other areas. This position requires a self-starter with critical thinking skills and the ability to both prioritize and multi-task. This role falls under the Manufacturing and Engineering technology team which is a dynamic group within the IT landscape who works with leading edge equipment and systems critical to supporting all aspects of revenue for the company.
This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on specialist! To succeed, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods. As the department grows, there are opportunities to advance into a leadership role.
- Support maintain and expand computer systems and software which interact with shop floor equipment, such as on-premises and cloud OT platforms, Quality and R&D systems, and equipment configuration software.
- Act as a point of escalation for IT issues related to Shop Floor, Quality, and Engineering technologies.
- Support networking infrastructure for manufacturing systems and ensure uptime and reliability, including participating in designing, implementing, and supporting network access methods for the shop floor equipment.
- Support and maintain Engineering, Quality, and specialty Manufacturing software such as MDC, CAD/CAM, CMM, simulation and digital twin platforms, technical writing software, Statistical Process Control, and labeling products.
- Work collaboratively with multiple internal IT support and external software support teams as well as internal business customers to facilitate communication and resolution of issues.
- Identifying and voicing concerns, inefficiencies, bottlenecks or potential failures within the team’s responsible environment to curb downtimes and to support expansion.
- Responding to and documenting work efforts ticketing system with clear, concise, and complete information. Train IT Support resources in supporting the Manufacturing environment.
- Travel to other NH company locations as needed (less than 30 minutes from the office).
WHAT YOU BRING (Experience listed in BOLD is REQUIRED):
- 4 Year college degree in a related field. Will consider equivalent additional work experience.
- 5+ years of experience supporting Windows-based environments, specialty software and above-average networking experience, with prior work in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience providing support of IT systems and applications related to manufacturing and design, including Internet of Things (IoT), Operational Technology (OT) systems, Engineering and Quality software.
- Competent with integration/connectivity of multiple shop floor and back office systems.
- Familiarity with group policies, automation scripts, FTP, license servers.
- Light to moderate database/programming with platforms such as Java and Python/jython are a plus.
- Ignition (SCADA) experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and report on progress.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Positive and proactive interactions with internal customers is paramount.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license. This position requires some travel between NH based sites.
- Able to provide rotational on-call emergency support coverage.
- Must reside within a reasonable commute to the Newington, NH area,
- Must be a US Citizen (required for government compliance)
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields