IPO Assurance Manager / Senior Manager
West Los Angeles, CA
Back To Job Board
Back To Job Board
Well established, highly profitable CPA firm offers an exceptional career opportunities for an Assurance Manageror Senior Manager to specialize in IPOs of foreign corporations to take public in the U S. We offer a very reasonable work / life balance featuring hybrid schedules from both our office and your home with flexible hours. Fast track promotions, and above market compensation packages. Large Manager bonuses. Relocation and H1 visa transfer assistance may be available for exceptional out of town candidates. Prefer candidaates out of a Big-4 or national CPA firm now speciaizing in international IPOs. Prefer strong practice development and Japanese language skills.
The US IPO Advisory Manager position is an integral member of the US IPO Advisory practice. The US IPO Advisory practice is a high-profile function, providing accounting and SEC reporting advice to foreign emerging companies, i.e. startup companies, preparing for public offering in the US markets. Emphasis on Japanese companies. Bilingual or fluent Japanese language skills preferred. The position will have opportunities to work directly on a regular basis with clients, clients’ SEC legal councils, and clients’ external auditors and will also interact very closely with subject matter experts within the firm. The core responsibilities include assisting clients with the preparation of financial statements in accordance with USGAAP/IFRS and the financial section of SEC reports. Other responsibilities include assisting clients with preparation for and responding to requests from external auditors, including drafting accounting position memos, and advising clients on designing proper internal control over financial reporting.
· Lead preparation of financial statements in accordance with USGAAP/IFRS and preparation of financial section of SEC reports.
· Lead preparation for external audit requirements, including drafting accounting position memos.
· Lead/participate in discussions with a client, a client’s external auditors, and legal counsel. Maintain effective and professional relationships with a client, a client’s external auditors, and legal counsel.
· Keep abreast of industry, SEC reporting, and accounting developments. Apply solid knowledge of Finance/accounting concepts and principles to ensure accurate SEC report preparations. Review new SEC reporting requirements and US GAAP/IFRS accounting pronouncements, to determine the impact on the SEC report preparations.
· Work with subject matter experts, including the quality control department to produce high level quality and accuracy of financial statements and SEC reports. Maintain effective working relationships.
· Assist in driving process efficiencies and continuous process improvement efforts to strengthen the US IPO Advisory practice.
· Lead/participate in other special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
Our mission is to guide our clients successfully complete their US IPO by providing accounting and other related advice.
Experience in advisory work
Experience in new client development and proposals
Knowledge of JGAAP and/or IFRS as well as USGAAP
Knowledge of SEC Reporting and Internal Control over Financial Reporting
Able to take a long-term view of clients and own career
A person who has the ability to guide and lead his/her subordinates as a future leader and has the knowledge and experience to match.
A person with an entrepreneurial spirit who are thinking of new business ideas.
· Minimum 6+ years of accounting and financial analysis/reporting experience with exposure to SEC Form10K/20F/S-1/F-1/S-4/F-4 reporting and USGAAP/IFRS financial statement.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
· CPA required
· Regulation S-X and S-K experience a plus.
· Sarbanes-Oxley 404 experience a plus.
· PCAOB Audit experience a plus
· Japanese language skill a plus
· Driven and self-motivated to work both independently and within a team, in order to deliver with the highest quality.
· Flexibility and ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities under demanding time frames and respond effectively.
· Strong analytical, technical, organization skills, and attention to detail.
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication and coaching skills. Ability to work with different levels of management.
· Ability to develop effective and productive working relationships with a wide range of groups across our firm, as well as other stakeholders.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields