Inventory Control Manager
Little Rock, AR
$75,000 - $85,000 / yr
This is a Finance position responsible for controlling the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Control functions, which includes performing cycle counts of the warehouse inventory, conducting investigations of suspected out-of-balance items and making corrections to the inventory based upon that research, coordinating all special processing of inventory including return to vendor shipments and performing other related tasks.
- Supervise the inventory control, driver check-in and quality assurance functions effectively and directs staff to identify and resolve variance, and potential variances, to achieve an accurate perpetual inventory count and protect company assets.
- Maintain, develop, and implement procedures that ensure the highest levels of inventory accuracy are achieved while minimizing the amount of shrink incurred.
- Manage the driver check-in function ensuring that all dues are collected and deposited intact and on time, all obligations are accounted for and imaged, and all obligation adjustments are accurately made on time.
- Review daily inventory reports for possible errors and reports information to Finance, Operations, and Merchandise departments.
- Organize and facilitate shrink meetings and identify the root causes of shrink.
- Participate in the hiring and training of inventory associates.
- Responsible for performance management and development of inventory associates.
- Conduct the Product Recall process.
- Ensure that the Company is Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) compliant.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of inventory control management and supervisory experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must be properly trained and licensed in the operation of powered industrial equipment as appropriate.
- HACCP Certification required.
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Database concepts.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization.
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields