Internal Controls Manager
$100,000 - $150,000 / yr
The Manager, Internal Controls will be responsible for defining and implementing a leading practice internal control environment and driving a control conscious and compliant organization.
• Support the full management of internal controls over financial reporting cycle, including annual top-down scoping and risk assessment.
• Develop and maintain COSO Framework Structure and establishment of Risk and Controls Matrices, including annual documentation refresh and design evaluation.
• Lead the controls remediation program with efficient and effective tracking and reporting of deficiencies through remediation and Internal Audit testing / monitoring
• Establish self-testing and continuous controls monitoring to help accounting teams mature control operation. This includes coaching, mentoring and training of accounting personnel.
• Segregation of Duties (SOD) oversight and remediation and overall conclusions.
• Actively participate on compliance areas including fraud and enterprise risk management.
• Collaborate with other mega processes (ie. OTC, STP, HTR) to assure leading practice internal control over financial reporting (ie. automated, preventive, continuous controls monitoring environment).
• Establish and maintain a continuous improvement culture/posture including establishing methodologies, prioritization, influencing and sponsoring initiatives originating from the controllership and active leadership/participation/execution on broader corporate/business unit initiatives (e.g. Business Transformation). More specifically, End-to-End Global Process Owners and Leads interaction especially as it relates to Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ie. OTC, STP, ATR, ATR, HTR).
• Manage special projects identified by senior management to find strategic solutions to issues facing a growing international company. This includes participation in control design / redesign work due to transactions.
• Act as a liaison to the external auditors to assist in their completion of efficient audit(s) including the integrated audit, among others (e.g. statutory audits, benefit plan audits, etc.)
• Manage the development of future-state process flow diagrams and risk-control matrices as part of the Company’s implementation of a Global SAP system.
Internal Controls Center of Excellence (COE)
• Assist management with remediation plan development, execution and support for control owners
• Partner with the BU/region and Internal Audit to prioritize remediation activities to address the deficiencies with the highest materiality and risk to the company
• Participate in Internal Audit process walkthroughs, to act as “knowledge resource” and to gain an understanding of the current processes and controls
• Build a deep understanding of future-state processes and internal controls to lead the roll-out of globally harmonized controls supported by a state-of-the-art IT environment. .
• Lead training and Coaching sessions related to IPE and MRC, Balance Sheet Recons, JE including rollout of the standard JE book, Harmonized RCMs, Maturity of Month-end Close (Management Reviews of BU-level financial reports and Legal Entity Reviews). .
• Assist in the remediation of Segregation of Duties (SOD) matters for the SOX systems
• Act as the communication liaison between BU/region, senior management and Theme Leads
• Communicate/coordinate with Internal Audit and External Audit to determine the level of expectation for remediation
• Assist in the identification and development of remediation plans for newly identified deficiencies and gaps.
• Identify resource constraints, lack of expertise and lack of remediation priority.
• Identify and share Best Practices among the team and disseminate globally.
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 7+ years of Internal Controls experience, preferably including a minimum of 2 years of public accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- True hands on experience helping transform the maturity of the Internal Controls Function is considered a plus
- Experience in a more than $0.5 billion, global company Experience in a more than $0.5 billion, global company
- Experience in analyzing and assessing risk in business or system processes, evaluating internal controls and developing recommendations
- Experience working in a dynamic environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines and changing organizational needs
- Must possess a deep technical knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is considered a plus.
- Experience in Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leaders competently and effectively.
- Experience in designing and managing internal controls in SAP 4/HANA environment is preferred
We currently offer our employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with our team.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields