Instrumentation & Control Manufacturing Engineer
Seeking an Instrumentation & Control (I&C) Manufacturing Engineer for an energy & environmental services client based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Base $90k – $125k DOE plus bonus opportunity and benefits
- Role is REMOTE/HYBRID (Approx. 6 days per month at company offices/facilities)
- Candidate should live within 2 hours of the Oklahoma City Metro area.
- 5+ years I&C Engineering experience in a manufacturing setting
This role is responsible for engineering and design of instrument & control systems for the process equipment packages. Work is technical and hands on in nature and relies on experience and independent judgment to perform the functions of the job.
Other responsibilities include reviewing customer specifications and clarifying scope of work for projects. Reviews and analyzes documentation, materials, and calculations, to ensure compliance with customer, product, safety, quality, and industry standards and requirements. Set engineering standards and direction focused on continuous improvement, increased efficiency, and cost reduction.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Works in conjunction with Project Management & Engineers to ensure that project scope of work for equipment package control system design are clearly defined for the project.
- Finalizes control system architecture for the equipment package and selects control system hardware based on customer specification and project requirement.
- Reviews customer specifications and prepares technical specifications defining the control requirements on the project for third party control system Design/Manufacturing Company.
- Reviews and manages deliverables of the control system to ensure adherence to the requirements of the project.
- Understands hazardous area classification requirements to finalize, design and layout of the electrical/control instrumentation on a package.
- Sizes instrument cables, junction boxes, conduit, cable trays and layout of instrument/electrical on the package within the guidelines of Oil & Gas industry codes and standards.
- Prepares controls schematic, cable schedule, wiring diagrams and logic diagrams.
- Designs, develops, and debugs PLC based programs and electrical control systems.
- Participates in HAZOP/HAZID, LOPA, SIL Analysis, etc. as required by projects.
- Provides engineering support to procurement for instrumentation and control systems.
- Provides support to manufacturing during assembly of the package, inspection, calibration, loop checking, and FAT.
- Provides start-up assistance during commissioning of equipment package at site.
- Develops operating procedures, acceptance test and validation test plans and protocols.
- Supports applications engineering on technical issues related to preparation of proposals.
- Works on equipment packages with all levels of complexity for ONSHORE applications with minimum support.
- Develops engineering design tools and processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of work.
- Identifies and executes product standardization opportunities and participates in new product development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field / experience required
- 5+ years Instrument & Controls Engineering experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of instrument & controls system design and its application for Oil & Gas process equipment packages.
- Experience in programming PLCs, HMI, sequence logic design, PID loop design and implementation.
- Technical skills to read and understand Piping & Instrumentation Diagram (P&IDs).
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of industry standards (API, IEEE, NEC, NFPA, IEC, etc.).
- Working experience with Burner Management System (BMS) preferred
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields