Innovation Process Engineer
$65,000 - $72,000 / yr
Fort Dodge, IA
$65,000 to $72,000 + Full Benefits + OT + Paid Relocation
The Plant Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for utilizing and transforming technology into business advantage to assist in the improvement of manufacturing processes and products. In this role, you will provide direction for design standards, process capabilities, hazard analysis, performance monitoring, technical training and significant improvements for business processes. You will provide technical expertise to production supervision for improvement and troubleshooting, collaborate with capital excellence for identification of projects and process benchmarking and will work directly with local operation teams to execute manufacturing technology roadmaps and improvement plans.
- Assist the site in monitoring performance and identifying opportunities through analysis of key performance indicators, manufacturing cost reports and stable operations activities to create year on year sustained value.
- Participate in project justification and gate reviews, preliminary design activities, interaction with the capital effectiveness team in validating the detailed design and providing technical oversight during installation and startup activities.
- Participate in process risk assessments, identification of mitigating actions to close gaps identified in risk assessments and provide technical leadership to close gaps.
- Drive the process of documenting, transferring and training employees on technical knowledge including implementing standards that govern operations of the facility.
- Provide support for the facility in troubleshooting operations, including participation in root cause analysis and iterative interrogative techniques used to explore the cause and effect relationships underlying a particular problem.
- Leverage the capabilities of cross functional internal and external resources to define and monitor performance of a manufacturing technology and provide functional leadership, coaching for operators, production management and process engineers that are engaged in the technology.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
The company’s highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow the company’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to execute on projects
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Six Sigma certification or credential
- Knowledge of advanced statistical software tools
- Training or knowledge in statistically supported decision making or data analytics
- Cross functional experience in areas such as project engineering, operations supervision, continuous improvement or maintenance and reliability
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields