Innovation Packaging Engineer
$95,000 - $115,000 / yr
INNOVATION PACKAGING ENGINEER / MANUFACTURING R&D
$95,000-115,000 Salary + Bonus + OT + Paid Relocation
- Represent R&D Packaging for the North American business.
- Create, maintain & ensure standardized packaging specifications.
- Drive adoption of global standards and protocols to qualify packaging materials & vendors.
- Packaging team member responsible for packaging input to master data processes: artwork development, components, bills-of-material. Maintain dielines & drawings in SAP.
- Lead qualification projects of new packaging materials & suppliers related to cost savings and/or performance opportunities. Author & execute associated plant trials.
- Develop & implement In-Store Merchandising programs across multiple categories.
- Collaborate with internal & external partners providing technical support to ensure quality standards, package performance, and continued supply of packaging materials.
- Assist Quality & Manufacturing in solving packaging related quality issues. Provide guidance & processes to minimize recurrence.
- BS in Packaging Science or related engineering field, 1-3 years of professional industry experience in Packaging. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Preference toward consumer products.
- Easily learns new systems & processes. Experience with SAP a plus.
- Attention to detail and rigor in specification & protocol writing.
- Maintains a focused knowledge of sustainability initiatives & future trends beneficial toward corporate goals.
- 1 year of working experience minimum. Up to 3 is good. Needs experience with relevant products (liquids, detergents, bottled liquids).
- Unilever is our top competitor and would be a great example of where to get someone from.
- Attention to detail, rigor.
- Enjoys working on details, getting into the meat of data.
- Problem solving challenges.Ways to continuously improve process, cost savings programs, quality in manufacturing plants.
- This is more of an operational type role versus packaging innovation and/or creation.
- Cross functional experience and experience working with manufacturing a plus.
- Strong communication skills
- Able to understand why certain specs are in place, push boundaries and communicate them
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields