Injection Molding Engineer
Responsible for providing technical support within the Molding Department to ensure all requirements of reliability, quality, and performance are met in accordance with company, industry and customer specifications.
Tasks / skills:
• Provide technical support for mold tooling, molding compounds and machinery.
• Sound verbal and written communication skills. Experience in interacting with customers and suppliers to represent the company on a technical and professional level.
• Review tooling designs and provide DFM for feedback.
• Work with customers and tooling suppliers to design, develop, construct, trial, approve and deliver new injection mold tooling, including adherence to timing plans.
• Assist with the improvement of product quality and scrap reduction.
• Assist with monitoring and optimizing cycle times.
• Prepare estimates for new tooling and design changes.
• Develop and/or update tooling specifications for the RFQ process.
• Document/report mold preventative maintenance and repairs.
• Assist with the creation of work instructions for mold setters and operators.
• Optimize changeover times through SMED.
• Experience with robotics, programming and end-of-arm tooling.
• Experience with hot runners / valve gate sequencing / cores.
• Knowledge of plastics technology including screws & barrels, material drying and delivery systems, temperature control units and other auxiliary equipment.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings following GD&T guidelines. Support Six Sigma and 5S projects
Education / experience:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in an injection molding environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Project
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields