Food Scientist – Ingredients
We have been engaged to find a Food Scientist – Ingredients with experience in scaling ingredients and food products from pilot testing to commercial scale for the food industry.
Work Location: this is a hybrid role of 2 days in the office and 3 days remote. There is flexibility to which days as long as the work aligns with pilot plant operational times for testing and reporting.
The Food Scientist – Ingredients is responsible for ingredient and formulation testing for use in food products, engage in cost savings initiatives, engage in ingredient reliability and sustainability, and leading all troubleshooting initiatives within manufacturing plants. You will also provide primary support for product support teams, engage in cross-functional interactions with R&D, procurement, quality, co-manufacturing, regulatory, and network operations.
Exciting new opportunity with a world leader in product innovations and food production. Who Do You Know?
Food Scientist – Ingredients qualifications include:
- BS degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related fields is required
- MS or PhD in Food Science, Nutrition, or related fields is a plus
- 4+ years in product design, testing and development in the food industry
- Strong working knowledge of nutritional science in food manufacturing
- Relevant experience scaling ingredients and products from pilot to plant scale
- Experience in developing sole source or single source nutritional products in food production is ideal
- Experience with thermal processing effects on ingredient functionality during processing, in shelf life, and within finished products
- Relevant work experience in project management and / or project engineering is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to meet scheduled deadlines
Industry: Food Science, Food Production, Ingredients, Nutrition
Job Code: j-331
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields