Industrial Electrician-3rd shift
New Life is currently on the hunt for an Industrial Technician for 3rd shift for a client we have near the Reading, PA area! If this is something you think you would be interested in, please feel free to apply and get more info below!
As an Electrical Technician, you will be a key contributor to ensuring the efficient and reliable operation of our manufacturing facility. Your responsibilities will include installing, upgrading, and repairing a variety of plant equipment, all while adhering to the guidelines of the National Electrical Code and any applicable state or local codes. You will also be responsible for selecting and purchasing electrical supplies, collaborating with external contractors from various crafts, and working on both Melt Shop and Raw Materials processing operations.
Provide hands-on electrical support for plant facilities, including systems up to and including 480v/3 phase requirements.
Troubleshoot, modify, and repair electrical systems and equipment.
Plan and coordinate the installation of new plant equipment, including control circuitry for motors, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
Perform electrical preventative maintenance to ensure equipment reliability and productivity.
Maintain inventories of electrical parts and supplies, obtain required approvals, and order parts as necessary.
Recommend modifications to improve equipment reliability and productivity, collaborating closely with management.
Work with management to identify and resolve recurring problems, with a focus on assessing the effectiveness of the solutions.
Supervise outside contractors working “in-plant” as assigned.
Undertake non-electrical projects and repairs as assigned to cover for vacations, personnel shortages, and emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as a Master Electrician, guiding and overseeing other apprentices or journeyman electricians.
- Liaise with clients, vendors, and other electricians and maintenance personnel to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- High school diploma and/or GED; a 2-year Electrical Degree is preferred.
- 2 years of experience as an Electrician in an industrial/manufacturing environment OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of motor control circuits and/or PLCs.
- Strong understanding of health and safety codes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
Additional Qualifications for the Master Electrician:
- 15 years of fully proficient performance and self/professional development.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in the area of electronics, EMT, and electrical systems.
- Fulfillment of progressive requirements of previous Electrician levels.
- Demonstrated competency in troubleshooting.
- Consistent exemplary performance.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and a strong team player.
- Support for company initiatives.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields