Industrial Automation Engineer Senior PLC Programmer
$95,000 - $110,000 / yr
PLC/HMI Programmer with the aptitude, understanding and desire to automate high tech process equipment. Ability to work well as part of a team in a challenging, fast paced environment for a high-level OEM Equipment Manufacturer.
- Hands on PLC Controls system design, development, programming, instrument/control integration, SCADA interface and integration.
- Program HMI/GUI and PLC logic and integrate discrete/analog devices into equipment per project specifications and standards.
- Simulate, test, and commission control systems based on System Sequence of Operations and Process Flow Diagram.
- Working knowledge of control communication platforms.
- Provide on-site technical support during startup and commissioning of new installations
- On-site support for existing installations and troubleshoot machine and control system issues.
- Apply human factors and usability engineering in the development and modification of software
- Ability to collaborate with engineering, product management, and technical support teams.
- Maintain standards, specifications, and procedures for PLC programming.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, energetic environment and manage competing priorities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- For the Sr. Programmer role, responsible for Sequence-Of-Operations documentation to enable programming instructions to internal and/or external programmers
- Proficiency in one of the following: Allen-Bradley (RSLogix 5000), Siemens, or other industry standard PLC platforms and ladder logic.
- Experience in writing HMI code using Factory Talk View, WonderWare, Siemens WINCC, and other industry standard Graphic User Interfaces.
- Working experience with networking the following platforms: Ethernet, TCP/IP, Serial, DeviceNet, SCADA communication platforms. SECS/GEM communication platform a plus.
- Read and understand electrical schematics, physical and ladder diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams.
- VFD programming and motor control experience preferred.
- Positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, editing and writing, as well as verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others to accomplish team goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Engineering Degree, Technical Degree, Military Tech Training or equivalent, 5 years of industrial experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields