Indirect Tax Accountant
$55,000 - $60,000 / yr
The Indirect Tax Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and filing of the sales tax, property tax, fuel excise tax returns for all US companies. This individual will support tax audits, inquiries, and notices. The Indirect Tax Accountant will work closely with the Indirect Tax Manager and other tax specialists within the department. Individual will also aid the Indirect Tax Manager with various projects and communications with internal and external customers.
- Prepare tax journal entries for accounting.
- Review invoice for use tax accruals.
- Reconcile sales and use tax reports for multiple states.
- Prepare, file, and pay sales and use tax returns accurately and timely.
- Research sales and use tax laws for different industries and for multiple states.
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Support state tax audits, inquiries, and notices.
- Keep abreast of current developments in sales and use tax.
- Develop systems and procedures that lead to process improvements.
- Be an information source to the tax group.
- Tax projects as they arise.
Requires moderate supervision. Exercise a moderate amount of independent judgment and discretion. Makes routine choices and frequently non-routine choices within established guidelines. Primarily responsible for own work.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 1 to 3 years of sales tax experience
· Tax research experience
· Experience with manufacturing, transportation, and retail industries
· Ability to grow by assuming an increased level of responsibility
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of sales & use tax law
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Work independently, as well as in team environment
· Effective interpersonal communication skills
· Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Computer, printer, multi-line phones, copy machine, scanner, calculator
- Computer software/platforms: PTMS, Checkpoint, Avalara Tax Research, Avalara, SAGE, AS400, Onbase, Excel, Word, Outlook
- extended hours when necessary
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields