Sr I&E Designer
Sugar Land, TX
Sr. I&E Designer
Our company, an Automation & Engineering Firm, provides the highest quality services for the Refining, Gas & Oil, Pipeline, Renewable, Chemical, and Biopharm Industries. Our company has over 25 years of experience in Engineering, Procurement and Construction with 15+ years of experience in Lifesciences Engineering and Compliance Consulting. We are customer-centric and fully committed to our clients’ needs and as a result, most of our business is repeat business. We are an employee-owned company with opportunities for growth.
Our office in Sugar Land, TX is hiring for a Senior Designer to join our company.
10 + years of experience in Instrument & Control System Design for Oil and Gas Refineries and Chemical Plants. High proficiency with 2D AUTOCAD, EXCEL – MicroStation, CADWORX, BlueBeam, ACCESS desired.
Must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team. Must understand and apply all client and Company Safety Policies.
· Proven design ability, effective in time management, directing and coordinating members of design teams in their daily tasks, quality control and providing technical direction.
· Proven in detail design technical knowledge including the ability to redline and review P&ID’s, read and revise interlock schematics/motor schematics, Create wiring diagrams, loop diagrams Demo packages and I/O loading. Creating Junction Boxes, Marshalling Panels and DCS/PLC Cabinets with BOM.
· Ability to create Instrument Installation Details and generating material take-offs supporting estimates. Ability to create conduit and cable tray drawings including support details and sizing calculations based on applicable codes and client standards.
· Proven Design ability in Electrical low voltage applications in support of instrumentation design such as 120 VAC & 24 VDC power to instruments, 120 VAC instrument power panels, and general NEC knowledge of grounding / bonding.
· Proven experience in field survey and in the planning/execution of hot/cold cutovers. Will need to be self-motivated with good client interface skills and demonstrate accountabilities for all components of the work product deliverables with limited direction.
· Fiber experience with routing & general knowledge is required.
· Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters and displays an enthusiasm for safety
· Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative, and accepts direction from qualified sources
· Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team; assists team members.
· Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company’s quality standard of acceptability
· Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project
· Problem Solving: Independently analyzes technical problems, reaches, and recommends acceptable and workable solutions.
· Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels
· Decision Making: Takes action upon decisions made with good judgment.
· Competitive salary with a discretionary bonus potential
· Benefit Time Off (BTO) that can be used as paid vacation, sick time, holiday funding, or as cash-out.
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) & 401(k) plan for retirement with employer match.
· Company funded health and dental insurance with low employee cost sharing.
· Wellness & Vision subsidy
· Company paid short term and long-term disability coverage.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields