Human Resources Manager
Responsibilities: This position manages the HR function at one poultry further processing (cook) plant in Perry, GA. It has responsibility for staffing, employee relations and employment data process functions. Emphasis on ensuring that the processes used comply with company policy and meet all compliance requirements (AAP, EEOC, DHS, DOL, OSHA, etc.). Specific functions include:
· Develop, implement, and audit an effective recruiting plan that attracts exempt and non-exempt talent.· Develop, implement, and audit employee retention processes (with metrics) to reduce turnover.
· Ensures compliance in AAP, EEOC, DOL, DHS, OSHA, and all other federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
· Responsible for strategic Human Resources planning and goal setting, including an annual HR business plan to support the initiatives of plant operations.
· Ensures HR staff is fully trained in job responsibilities and develop an audit process to insure consistency across all services.
· Develop and implement new ideas and concepts to move HR and the business forward.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline, and a minimum of 5 years of direct experience. 10 or more years of experience is desired. Specifically:
· Must have manufacturing experience – any product type
· Must have previously led an HR team of 4 or more.
· Proven success supervising such functions as: AAP, OSHA, EEOC, DHS, DOL for exempt and non-exempt staffing.
· Strong leadership skills which lead to accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency within the HR Department.
· Previous experience with HRIS
· Proven track record in developing methods to reduce turnover; expertise in developing and maintaining recognition programs.
· Ability to train, coach and mentor operations supervisors/managers in effective methods in directing the workforce.
· Ability to collaborate with the safety function with the goal of managing/reducing worker compensation costs, TRIR, LTR.
· Knowledge of and a commitment to team management style throughout both facilities.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields