Human Resource Generalist
Reporting to the President, the Human Resource Generalist will be lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including interviewing and hiring staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. In this critical role, a successful Human Resource Generalist will be the primary responsible person to recruit for all position opportunities for the company to maintain long-term profitable growth. The evolving culture of the company is one focused on teamwork and empowerment. The successful Human Resource Generalist will be a leader who will provide assessment and guidance to the executive and leadership teams of the workforce needs, procedure and policy improvements, employee morale considerations, and succession planning for the betterment of the entire organization. Given the company’s growth plans, it will also be necessary for the Human Resource Generalist to develop a human capital forecast needed to sustain business as well as anticipate future severances (retirement, voluntary, or causal leave of absence), and proactively recruit to fill positions to provide ample training time prior to respective separations.
Specific performance objectives for the position are as follows:
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and onboards new staff to provide understanding of their positions, requirements, Company products and the companies HR policies and programs.
- Work directly with managers to provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, including managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
The ideal candidates will exhibit the following qualities and capabilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with the development and implementation of an organization’s HRIS and talent management system.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Demonstrated efficiency, persistence, and high level of attention to detail in ever-changing environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Desired Future Role Credentials:
- Development of strategic plans for ongoing revenue and margin growth.
- Generate and manage business goals and budget for EBIDTA generation and improvement.
- Provide backup to purchasing function.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields