Human Resource Generalist
Back To Job Board
Back To Job Board
Under general supervision, performs a wide range of Human Resource functions including but not limited to recruiting, new-hire onboarding, workers compensation, leave of absences, and general correspondence. Responsible for the overall day to day functions of the H.R. department in the Richmond office. The overall responsibilities also include preparation of routine announcements and memos. Provides assistance to the Executive Vice President and HR team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other related duties may be assigned or requested:
- Posts job openings both internally and externally for warehouse and support functions.
- Screen candidates, coordinate interviews, and partners with the Human Resources Business Partner to send out offer letters and provide status updates to candidates.
- Partners with department managers and supervisors to recruit and onboard temporary and seasonal workers.
- Under direct supervision, administers the use of third party agencies HR Operations Provides basic guidance to employees and managers related to policy, procedure, PayCom, and benefits.
- Partners with Human Resources Manager for more complex employee relations issues.
- Partners with Human Resources Manager to ensure compliance in the Richmond office, including, but not limited to, time & attendance, poster compliance, and legal updates.
- Under direction of the Human Resources Manager, leads the safety program for the Richmond office, including, but not limited to, safety training, safety checklists, and ordering safety supplies.
- Partners with the Benefits Manager to collect enrollment forms and coordinate
- Open Enrollment meetings for the Richmond Office.
- Prepares and communicates company quarterly newsletters Partners with the Human Resources Business Partner on recognition programs.
- Works closely with the Human Resources Manager to support the exiting process for employees in the Richmond office.
- Create and communicate employee movement announcements.
- Other Ad Hoc projects as assigned Workers Compensation
- Handles all Workers Compensation claims for the Richmond facility in a timely manner
- Sends authorizations to the licensed clinic for employee evaluations and reviews results daily
- Acts as main contact for employees, managers, and insurance companies for Richmond claims
- Partners with HR Manager to train Richmond management on proper procedures Leave of Absences
- Manages Leave of Absences for the Richmond office, including being a liaison between the employee, the manager(s), payroll, and IT Accurate tracking of all Leave of Absences for the Richmond office and staying compliant with notices and medical certification requests
- Manage accommodations and return to work processes for Richmond
- New Hire On-Boarding Partners with the recruiting team to conduct new hire orientation and safety training for warehouse and support function new hires in Richmond and Commerce.
- Partners with Human Resources Manager to draft and communicate new hire announcements on a weekly basis
- Minimum three 2-3 years” experience in Human Resources, emphasis on HR Operations and/or recruiting preferred.
- Bachelor”s degree or equivalent experience
- Intermediate to Advance level in Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – flexible, understanding, and discrete in compiling confidential and sensitive information.
- Command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient in writing and/or editing business correspondence
- Ability to effectively coordinate projects with a diversity of individuals at all organizational level Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields