HR Manager – Safety Involvement
$100,000 - $110,000 / yr
Established and international company with a good working culture that values personal work/life balance has a newly created opportunity for a HR Manager – Safety Involvement at their large site commutable to the west of Greenville, SC that will develop, maintain and administer the various components of the safety and safety training programs in a cost effective and customer driven manner that will enable the Company to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. This opportunity offers major company benefits as well as 6% bonus potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain professional relationships that will provide for information needed to remain knowledgeable on best practices in the areas of safety and training.
- Develop and maintain an effective communications program that will facilitate an environment that encourages continuous safety improvement.
- Develop and maintain appropriate metrics to track and evaluate the effectiveness of the company’s safety program.
- Develop and maintain the overall Safety Program for all locations. Manage the on-going employee communications, employee training and the administration of such.
- Lead safety audits to ensure compliance with federal and state statutes and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for administering the workers compensation program and associated return to work programs for all locations.
- Coordinate all associated activities of the First Aid, CPR, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogen team including selection, training, and recognition of the team. Ensure associated training and equipment is up-to-date for all locations.
- Coordinate the activities of the various Safety Committee(s).
- Manage the issuance of company security/time & attendance badges for all locations. Serve as Backup to security for access control issues.
- Manage the random drug testing program for all locations.
- Manage the Personal Protective Equipment programs including selection and PPE administration.
- Manage all safety program vendor relationships including administration of safety shoe and safety glasses program.
- Coordinate all federal and state safety compliance programs including updating the various OSHA 300 reports, employee communications and training
- Ensure that appropriate safety incentives are in place to reward and motivate a zero accident safety culture. Administer the Safety Pays Program.
- Lead all accident investigations including root cause analysis and the recommendation of appropriate remedies to prevent any re-occurrence.
- Develop and maintain the SDS database.
- Develop and update as necessary appropriate evacuation procedures for fire and weather. Provide relevant training to all employees to ensure an orderly response to an evacuation need.
- Act as Back-up to VP Mfg Engineering Radiation Safety Officer relative to establishing and updating radiation handling procedures, reviewing exposure data and ensuring compliance with all relevant federal and state statutes.
- Actively participate the development of the Human Resources operating budget as it relates to safety.
- Document all Safety training activities in the HRIS.
- Serve as an Administrator for the Emergency Alert System.
- Coordinate DOT administration program for all Company truck drivers. Administer yearly Motor Vehicle Report for all Company car drivers. Serve on Driver Safety Committee.
- Serve on Security Committee.
- Coordinate Forklift training program.
- Coordinate Hearing and Respirator testing programs along with associated training.
- Serve on the 5S audit team.
- Ensure completion of Safety Training as required by OSHA, along with development of weekly safety training for all locations.
- Coordinate Industrial Hygiene Testing as needs arise as well as participate in new equipment safety sign off.
- Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
- Manages up to 10 direct Engineering personnel ensuring adequate staffing needs, holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisals, attendance, disciplinary issues, and daily supervision to maximize productivity
- Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SDS, and HCM Software
- Creates a positive atmosphere in which timely and high-quality communication flows smoothly
- Directs, coaches, collaborates, and delegates appropriately while working as a team
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Outstanding organization, documentation, and customer service skills
- Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal, written and reading comprehension skills
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills
- Possesses a strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
- Knowledge of case management procedures and issues relating to workmen’s compensation and other workplace safety issues
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding compliance training requirements.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal safety compliance and regulatory issues, including the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Related Field
- 10 + years of Human Resources experience required
- 5+ years of safety experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- OSHA 30 Hour Training Certification
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields