Hunt Valley, MD
$22 - $25
(PART TIME 20-25 HOURS PER WEEK) The Human Resources (HR) Generalist works directly with the Director, Human Resources to provide HR support to our client in all areas, including, but not limited to, HR administration, HRIS/HCM management, recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, performance management, training and development, and offboarding.
This position will work heavily to provide administrative and recruiting support to the client, including candidate sourcing, to ensure we are getting a diverse and qualified candidate pool for our open positions. In the HR department our customers are our team members, and our role is to ensure a professional, positive, respectful, diverse, and inclusive work environment to support of our Mission, Strategic plan, and professional growth.
A Typical Day Looks Like…
- Provides a HR presence to support employees on all HR related questions and concerns. This includes administration of HR programs such as benefits, recruitment, training and performance management, and employee relations.
- Processes HR related reports to support the department administratively. This includes tracking things such as employee training, professional development, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Provides HR support in the absence of the Director, Human Resources with employee coaching and manager guidance on HR related matter and issues.
- Assists with the coordination of the onboarding processes with the hiring manager, IT, and any other necessary departments to ensure system set up, new hire paperwork, initial required training, and new hire orientation and onboarding is complete.
- Assists with the coordination of the offboarding process, including conducting exit interviews and ensuring all necessary systems have been disabled and information is transitioned for a smooth exit process. This includes analyzing data, identifying trends, and making recommendations as it pertains to employee turnover.
- Provides support on HR led projects and initiatives while ensuring thorough communication with all necessary parties. This may Include conducting research for policies and developing policies and procedures.
Recruitment & Talent Acquisition
- Supports the Director, Human Resources in the facilitation and management of the talent acquisition process, including, but not limited to, assisting hiring managers to identify and execute a recruitment strategy, job ad review and placement, review of candidates, and providing guidance to hiring managers to ensure they are set up for a successful recruitment process. This includes maintenance of the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Assists hiring managers by using traditional and non-traditional resources and techniques to identify and attract qualified candidates from a diverse applicant pool. This includes sourcing for candidates to ensure our client has a diverse pool of qualified candidates for all positions.
- Provides follow up communication to candidates as they navigate through the recruitment process and are identified for hire and enter the onboarding phase.
Benefits & Payroll/HCM System Maintenance
- Assists with the oversight and maintenance of all benefits plans, including benefits enrollments and changes. This includes monitoring and tracking new hires and terminations from the benefits programs.
- Oversees the administrative process of the benefits plans, including providing assistance and guidance to employees to answer basic questions about their benefits. This may include research and partnership with KELLY Benefits to escalate issues for resolution.
- Assists the Director, Human Resources with benefits related projects (i.e., Open Enrollment).
- Assists with the maintenance and oversight of the HRIS/HCM system to ensure all data and information is accurate and up to date. This may include providing user training to employees and managers to ensure they understand how to navigate the system and are using it properly to the full extent of its capabilities.
- Maintains employee records to ensure they are throughout and legally compliant in the HRIS/HCM. This includes assisting employees with requests to see their files and confirming all employee information is up to date and accurate.
- Maintains knowledge of employment laws (state, local, and federal) and stays up to date on industry trends to ensure organizational compliance and best practices are in place. This includes doing self-identified and company identified professional development to stay current in the field of HR.
- Supports changes in organizational structure, policies, and practices while championing change and being an advocate for both client and its employees.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields