The hours for this position would be either 9am-6pm or 10am – 7pm. This position was created to give additional human resources coverage to 2nd shift employees. Candidates need to have availability and flexibility to come in during 2nd shift hours if there would be an employee investigation or incident that occurs during shift hours.
Candidates with a staffing background looking to grow in to a more traditional HR role or candidates coming from a retail human resources background looking for more traditional hours are encouraged to apply.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
HR Generalist’s job entails providing support for a wide variety of activities of human resources including employee relations, recruiting, and administration of benefits. The main responsibility of HR generalist is to advise managers, supervisors, or administrators in all HR practices, to provide information to employees about regulations, contract language, and policies, and to provide general support. In general, a HR generalist performs a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services.
HR Generalist Job Profile and Description
Detailed list of duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruiting and Staffing
• Recruiting for hourly, administrative and assist with management positions
• Manage both internal and external postings
• Assisting and tracking employee onboarding
• Posting and advertising open positions and assisting in recruitment process at job fairs.
• Developing and maintaining good relationship with universities, employment agencies and other recruitment resources.
• Conducting an analytic job studies and constructing valid selection and job related criteria. Screening, evaluating and recommending applicants for interviews.
• Preparing and maintaining job documentation, job evaluation, and company salary structure systems.
• Writing ads and posting open positions, Drafting offer letters for new hires.
• Participating in interviews as required and assisting staff members in identifying and creating job related interview questions.
• Checking applicant references, making job offers and initiating needed paperwork.
• Recommending, developing, and scheduling development and training courses.
• Participating in development and execution of orientation programs and procedures for new employs.
• Providing research and statistical information to staff in collecting, preparing and analyzing the information for use in implementation of procedures and policies.
• Assisting with compensation and classification issues.
• Reviewing employee complaints and ensuring accurate and timely documentation of concerns or issues.
• Facilitating actions to resolve the employee issues and escalating them to appropriate management team.
Skills and Specifications
• Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Advanced writing, reading and arithmetic skills.
• Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
• Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
• Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
• Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
1. Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred and three to five years’ human resource experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields