Health and Safety Engineer
$70,000 - $80,000 / yr
Great Safety Engineer
Are you ready to join a key automotive supplier that is posting strong sales and market share growth? They are providing the most advanced automotive products for very demanding OEMs. This opportunity is about 90 minutes from Memphis, TN in a metro area with a population of more than 225,000
Achieving a world-class health and safety culture is the primary goal of the role. This includes:
- Management, the improvement and strategic direction of the plant’s Environmental, Health, Safety and Loss Prevention and Protection
- Develop and put in place safety policies, programs, procedures and safety audit/inspection systems.
- Assurance and compliance of all federal, state, local and company requirements is critical.
- Take the lead in the areas of LOTO, confined space, machine guarding and workers compensation administration.
- Cultivate and articulate an accident-free workplace and plan and deliver effective training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Health, Industrial Safety or a combination of education and experience.
- Desired certifications include: Occupational Safety and Health Technician (OSHITEC), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified industrial hygienist (CIH) is desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5-years’ experience in safety, emergency response management, consulting, supervision and fast paced manufacturing, preferable automotive.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of continuous lean improvement concepts.
- Must be knowledgeable of all federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulation, especially OSHAS 18001.
- First Aid and CPR certificates required.
- A record of developing and implementing of safety and health management systems that reduce injuries, worker’s compensation and increase profits is very important.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields