Responsibilities: This position manages all activities of the Food Safety Department in a manner which ensures consistent results as measured through the company matrix and regulatory reporting. Specifically:
- Lead all Food Safety and Regulatory efforts at the plant. Develop, document, and implement food safety processes/procedures to ensure product safety is always monitored and maintained. Ensure current and future programs are manageable in the plant environment and provide operational support to ensure ALL programs are successful.
- Ensure company’s food safety programs are properly communicated, and plant employees have a working knowledge of the programs through training and mentoring.
- Enforces company’s food safety standards as outlined in the plants HACCP, Sanitary Dressing, NPIS, Salmonella/Campy Standards and other programs. Maintain all required documentation.
- Be the catalyst for leading continuous improvement through technology and scientific research in an effort to take the plants food safety program(s) to the next level.
- Develop a professional working relationship and act as a plant liaison with USDA staff.
Requirements: BS degree in poultry, meat or food science plus at least 5 years of experience in a HACCP, QA or food safety. Specifically:
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience.
- HACCP Certified with very strong HACCP and regulatory skills.
- Must have or be willing to complete certification requirements as Certified Food Safety Manager or equivalent.
- Knowledge of poultry processing principles
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields