Global Business Development Manager – Plant Proteins
You will be responsible for managing and developing a profitable global product line of Plant Proteins, currently consisting of $8MM in annual sales. This position is strategic in nature; you will be responsible for designing, owning, and implementing the business plan. This role includes a mix of direct sales and collaboration with our Sales Teams, domestically and internationally to market toward end-use manufacturers. The Business Development Manager must have an excellent understanding of the protein market and will be the technical liaison within our organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Nurture, manage, and grow a healthy business portfolio across the globe (North and Latin America will be the focus to start), using a long-term perspective, leveraging both inside & outside sales strategies and tactics.
· Collaborate with Global Product Managers and executive leadership on generating a growth strategy for plant proteins globally; implement the marketing, supply chain, and pricing strategies to support profitable growth.
- Manage the entire sales funnel: generate leads, qualify them by cold calling and emailing, gain approvals, negotiate prices, get orders, secure contracts, and maintain the business. While many sales opportunities will be managed in collaboration with our sales teams, we view a sales-centric approach as essential to success in this role.
- Conduct market research, attend trade shows, and stay current with industry trends while sharing market knowledge internally with leadership team.
- Aid in demand forecasting to inform the purchasing patterns of our various product groups related to your product category.
- Anticipate and proactively respond to business and customer needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in sales & marketing of Plant Proteins primarily Soy Protein Isolate, Concentrate and Texturized.
- Food Science experience is a plus
- High energy, go-getter, entrepreneurial mentality
- Ability to foster and manage customer relationships with a client-friendly personality
- Ability to self-organize and be ultimately accountable for the satisfaction of your customers
- A commitment to going above and beyond to make clients happy with a “no task too small” outlook
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- BA/BS required; advanced technical degree is a plus
- Salary plus profit-sharing, variable compensation structure
- Health benefits
- Chance to join a healthy, growing business with a global footprint
- Ability to work from home
- Must be located in the Continental United States
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields