Geotechnical Supervising Project Engineer
Elmwood Park, NJ
The successful candidate will manage aspects of important projects including proposal development, budget, project execution, scheduling and client communications. Participates in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s preferred) and a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of New York required;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-discipline projects and utilize technical support staff;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, must possess the desire to develop new clients and expand the services of existing clients while maintaining strong billability;
- Record and report all work performed, including deviations from approved work plans, contract documents, poor quality of work, unforeseen conditions, unsafe conditions, etc.;
- Interface with Senior Inspector to maintain and track various logs, reports and field records for the designated area of responsibility;
- Monitor the contractor’s timely execution and quality of work;
- Interact with contractor’s superintendent for on-site resolution of construction issues;
- Review and proof contractor submittals and respond to RFIs
- Prepare proposal cost estimates, technical approach and scope of work write-ups
- Perform review of responses to RFPs for project subcontracts, materials and equipment;
- Prepare thorough documentation of site activities, monitor project schedules and subcontractor performance and correct issues when needed.
- Assist with preparing project reports, correspondence and cost tracking/status;
- Provide technical assistance to engineering oversight staff as required.
- Experience in managing large field programs as a team leader is a plus;
- Geotechnical analytical and design experience;
- Technical report writing skills;
- Project and safety management;
- Field documentation skills;
- Excellent reading, writing, and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Field and office assignments, as required.
We offer employees competitive compensation packages, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short, and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401k retirement plan with company match.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields