General Superintendent / PEMB (Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings) 1
General Superintendent / PEMB (Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings) Projects
The General Superintendent of reports directly to the Vice President of Operations. This position is senior level, providing oversight, and executing the tasks necessary for proper implementation and management of steel erection related activities to assure job safety, quality and success for projects built throughout the United States.
Essential Job Functions:
Comprehensive knowledge of methods in general construction practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general construction practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the metal building trade.
- Enforces FSE, customer GC and/or project owner’s safety regulations and requirements for all construction activities.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are accurately followed.
- Participates in pre-construction meetings.
- Provides on site coordination and supervision of all FSE employees and subcontracted field labor.
- The National General Superintendent will manage all on-site Superintendents in their region, who oversee on-site activities including but not limited to safety, scheduling, quality control, site cleanliness, monitoring, and contractor relations.
- Maintains and monitors job schedule as to crew, material, equipment, and coordinates requirements with management, weekly.
- Maintain project working schedules and develop detailed look ahead schedules for on-site coordination.
- Recommend corrective action should the project fall behind schedule, implement the actions as required to minimize delay.
- Maintains active contact with customer/GC so as to monitor customer satisfaction.
- Schedule and assure delivery of materials to maintain schedule requirements.
- Schedules sub-contractors when needed to maintain the schedule and coordinates/implements change-orders.
- Ability to work directly and interact with customers, architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, and office personnel.
- Provides quality control support with onsite inspections to confirm compliance with latest approved drawings, supplemental instructions, submittals and shop drawings.
- Responsible for schedule, quality and customer satisfaction of a particular project or multiple projects.
- Coordinate and expedite resolution of all construction related challenges on site.
- Assists with keeping the client informed as to job progress and schedules.
- Manage, coordinate and assist with the completion of final punch list.
- Represents the FCG & FSE image and philosophy on the jobsite: i.e., professional conduct, fair solutions and customer service.
- Travel to job sites as needed.
- Work occasional evenings or weekends for special situations.
- Punctual, dependable and prepared for work each day.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. (Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.)
Qualifications and Skills:
Minimum of fifteen (15) years of construction experience is required.
GM Experience on PEMB (Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings) Projects
This position has supervisory responsibilities over on-site activities.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields