General Manager (Plant Manager)
$160,000 - $170,000 / yr
This position is responsible for managing total plant operations, maintenance, engineering and administration activities to ensure safe, compliant, reliable and profitable plant productivity utilizing combined cycle gas turbine technology. In addition, the General Manager communicates objectives; selects, develops and evaluates operations and maintenance personnel in accordance with Company policies and government regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop overall plant administrative, operational, safety, environmental and maintenance procedures in coordination with the Vice President of Operations and update as necessary. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and environmental requirements; company policies and procedures; company’s annual operations plan; legal and contractual requirements; and good utility practices while operating in a clean, safe, efficient, reliable and economical manner.
- Establish and cultivate a “safety first” culture and work with the EHS Supervisor to ensure safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance and reporting for the plant to protect the facility’s operating permits including the preparation and execution of emergency plans.
- Operate and maintain facilities to maximize plant profitability, and optimize use of manpower, resources and maintenance for achieving company and group goals.
- Manage plant activities, preventative maintenance, and outage schedules and procedures. Ensure compliance with established standards and related contractual requirements where applicable.
- Accountable for the maintenance of all plant administrative, maintenance, and production records and reports.
- Ensure the procurement of equipment, parts, and services in accordance with established Supply Chain Management policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective coordination and communication of plant start-up and shutdown activities.
- Work with the Vice President of Operations, the Asset Manager, and the Financial Manager to prepare the annual plant operating budget, as well as forecast future major maintenance. Continually work with the plant team to monitor and control costs and report budget variances on a monthly basis throughout the year.
- Accountability for the plant’s long-range planning, policies and procedures, hiring, etc.
- Establish meaningful and effective annual goals and objectives for the plant team. Evaluate employee performance and plant activities and implement improvement programs as required.
- Review and evaluate plant performance and implement plant improvements and/or corrective actions to ensure maximum operating efficiency in accordance with approved budgets, policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners, environmental and regulatory agencies, local community officials, fuel and equipment suppliers and contractors.
- Interview, select, assign responsibilities, schedule personnel, and provide support in the successful development of plant staff.
- Achieve consistently superior plant performance as evaluated by both objective and subjective measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) in an applicable discipline or a minimum of 10 years of relevant and power plant experience.
- Demonstrated strong technical and managerial capability with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in power plant operations/maintenance at a supervisory level.
- Previous operational experience with gas turbines and combined cycle operations and maintenance. Specific experience with Siemens V84.3/KN turbines is desired.
- Ability to seek and provide input and feedback in a multi-cultural environment. The ability to foster productive relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds and points of view is vital.
- Ability to maintain an open flow of communication organization-wide and exhibit a high-level of comfort and approachability with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to multi-task while making risk-based, real-time decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with officers, business partners, managers, supervisors, fellow employees, representatives of other utilities, vendors, regulatory agencies, local community officials, and the public.
- Ability to cultivate a team environment through effective management and motivation of employees. Provide leadership that fosters a working environment that will instill employee pride, morale and commitment to service excellence.
- Must have strong moral and ethical values, as well as a strong safety and environmental commitment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and PeopleSoft.
- Ability to set high standards and deliver plant performance and financial results.
- Knowledge of the ISO-NE energy, and capacity markets to ensure the financial impacts of plant performance in these markets is understood.
- Extensive knowledge of electric operating and maintenance practices.
- Must have a valid driver license for business travel.
- Occasional overnight travel is required
- Must be physically able to safely transit plant facilities and stairways.
- Must be able to work in a standard office environment and operate computer and other office equipment.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields