FPGA Design Engineer – TS/SCI w/ FS Poly Clearance Required
$120,000 - $225,000 / yr
We are currently seeking FPGA design engineers with emphasis on FPGA or ASIC design,
development and verification using System Verilog, Verilog or VHDL. The design engineer will work closely with software and system engineers to conceptualize, document, design, code, verify and lab-debug ASIC, FPGA and embedded firmware designs. The ideal candidate will be adaptable, motivated, customer oriented, able to lead a small team and willing to mentor others while learning new technologies.
● Must currently possess an active TS/SCI Clearance with Full-Scope Polygraph (FSP).
● Designs and tests new integrated circuits and hardware components for a wide variety of
applications and research. Designs, documents, and develops code (to include firmware)
for hardware devices such as Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and Field
Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) hardware.
● Analyzes the function of existing integrated circuits and hardware components for the
purpose of reverse engineering the hardware and firmware.
● Conducts the necessary hardware engineering and related functions to modify and adapt
vendor-manufactured hardware to meet specific needs and contingencies.
● Assist with designing new products and processes and improving and maintaining
● Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design
and assure project completion.
● Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development
process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, able to be manufactured, and reliable
● Design new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products
● Must have experience with HDL simulators such as QuestaSim, ModelSim, Incisive or
other industry standard simulators.
● Location is onsite at Fort Meade, MD.
Multiple openings for Junior, Senior, Principal and Sr. Principal Engineers: Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a Design Engineer in integrated circuit or microelectronic component design or reverse engineering of the same is required. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional hardware design engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Our Client is a locally owned small business that specializes in delivering high-end
engineering products and services to our customers. Our employees have a wide variety of
engineering skills and talents in hardware, software and system engineering to solve the most challenging technical problems facing our customers. Our employees are detail-oriented, customer-focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic and productive team environment.
relationship. We are looking for talented employees who appreciate opportunities to learn new things and to contribute their talents on multiple projects. We work closely with our customers to produce timely and often incremental solutions for many of our projects.
Our Client offers a great work environment/culture with excellent compensation and benefits for our employees. Our benefits include employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance, 25 days of paid time off, 10 government holidays, excellent 401K (6% employer contribution and 9% profit sharing ), and flexible work schedule and comp time policy.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields