Firewall Network Engineer
New York, NY
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas (e.g. Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco Firewalls, Cisco S2S VPN, F5 End User VPN, F5 Load Balancers (LTM and GTM), Infoblox, Linux Servers, SMTP gateways).
- Engineer/implement solutions using Palo Alto, Cisco, F5 appliances.
- Work with business partners to establish S2S VPN solutions.
- Be proficient in building and creating firewall rules and policies.
- Proactively monitor and manage all productions network systems to maximize system availability. High degree of analytical troubleshooting and data capture skills.
- Analyze and ensure the resolution of technical and client problems while providing quality customer service.
- Evaluate and develop network/operational solutions to fulfill business requirements. Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a system/process to monitor system health.
- Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
- Translate highly technical ideas/principles into comprehensive/descriptive business language for peer groups/management to effectively assist/resolve issues.
- Implement prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
- Lead resolution and recovery efforts of cross-functional technicians and troubleshoot issues reported by proactive alarming or problem notifications reported by end-users.
- May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and support of an institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, as assigned.
- Experience with Cisco ASA S2S VPN, with knowledge of PALs
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proficient in F5 Load Balancers (LTM), F5 VPN (APM), F5 GDNS, SMTP Gateways, Linux Servers Cisco Firewalls, Cisco S2S VPN and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Practiced troubleshooting and problem analysis of Load Balancers, VPN, SMTP Gateways, Linux Servers and Firewalls.
- Excellent hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge in cloud platforms ie Azure, AWS, Oracle.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields