Fire Protection Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
$100,000 - $140,000 / yr
My clients Los Angeles office is growing and looking for a Fire Protection Engineer with at least five years of experience who is passionate about their work and looking for an environment that promotes professional growth.
The successful individual will have professional experience in providing consulting to clients in various aspects of fire protection engineering. Technical skills will include, but not limited to: automatic suppression system design and analysis; fire detection, alarm and communication system design and analysis; fire and life safety code analysis; egress analysis; fire resistant rated construction analysis; smoke control design and special inspections; as well as general fire protection and life safety concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from accredited college or university in Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Sciences, or related engineering field
- NICET level III / IV, EIT, or PE
- Minimum five years of experience in the fire protection engineering/consulting profession
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including oral presentation skills
- Ability to work on a high-functioning team
- Fire protection system design experience (preferred)
Desired Skills and Duties:
- Possess intermediate level computer skills necessary for daily activities, including email, word processing, spreadsheets, simple graphics, CONTAM, fire dynamic simulation, and a working knowledge of computer aided drafting
- Manage day-to-day contacts with internal and external clients utilizing experience and technology to meet expectations
- Attend and participate in local and national professional organizations, such as SFPE and NFPA
- Perform building and fire code analysis and code interpretations
- Develop engineering judgements for code alternatives
- Provide peer reviews of colleagues’ work product
- Have or be developing an “area of expertise” within fire protection engineering
- Design new fire protection systems including suppression systems, fire detection, alarm and communication systems. Perform analysis of existing fire protection systems
- Possess project management skills for managing internal projects as well as external client needs
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Why You Want To Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work here? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, flexible PTO program, an open collaborative environment, professional development, community opportunities, and lively employee activities. But the best part of working here is being in an environment that allows you to be yourself, be respected, work alongside other intelligent motivated people, and have some good hearty fun while you impact the built environment around you!
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields