Fire Protection Engineer
$100,000 - $130,000 / yr
This role works with multi-disciplinary design teams in the completion of studies, development of plans and specifications for a broad range of projects. The successful candidate will lead full-service fire protection design and consulting projects and support multi-discipline public and private sector clients.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
A leading Architectural and Engineering firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
- Evaluate fire protection and alarm systems on existing facilities
- Develop fire protection system requirements to include, but not limited to fire pumps, tanks, distribution systems, hydrants, and sprinkler systems.
- Perform fire protection engineering design functions on a variety of large public and private developments
- Direct junior engineers as necessary.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and other clients
- Maintain currency on development in codes and standards within the Fire Protection industry
- Licensed Fire Protection Professional Engineer. Registration in Virginia, the District of Columbia, or Maryland is preferred
- B.S. Degree in Fire Protraction Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with fire codes and in designing fire protection systems
- Experience designing fire protection equipment, alarms, and suppression systems for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Experience with building and fire safety code analysis, fire dynamic analysis, and fire risk analysis is required
- Working knowledge of NFPA standards. Experience with DoD UFC criteria a plus
- Working knowledge of applicable computer aided design programs (Revit, Autosprink for Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience in developing contract documents for a wide variety of fire alarm and suppression systems (including special suppression systems)
- Specialization in fire sprinkler systems and other water-based systems design.
We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability, and two retirement plans: 401(k) and ESOP.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields