Financial Analyst, Evaluations
$85,000 - $120,000 / yr
Our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining our team , you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
Finance & Accounting
The Financial Evaluations & Analysis (FEA) team supports critical strategic decisions for the Company.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for leading or supporting economic analysis of various critical and strategic decisions being pursued within the Company. Typical projects requiring economic analysis include assessing alternatives being pursued by Sales and Manufacturing functions, such as evaluation of alternatives for long-term commercial contracts, evaluation of product mix alternatives and manufacturing capex investments.
This role will be given responsibility for carrying out numerous crucial aspects of a project. These projects can involve the evaluation of “one-time” events, which are highly unstructured and quantitatively complex.
Collects and analyzes quantitative & qualitative data for projects related to business alternatives having the potential to alter the strategic position of the company. Typical activities include:
- Evaluation of major capital expenditures for improving the strategic position of the company’s existing assets (i.e. plant retrofit or debottlenecking projects)
- Evaluation of production alternatives which could significantly or permanently alter the company’s operations (i.e. facility expansion, closures, etc.)
- Evaluation of major business transactions (i.e. joint ventures, acquisitions, asset sales, long-term contracts, etc.)
Performs the analysis where typical activities include:
- Coordinating with various departments and subject matter experts to formulate/develop parameters for the analysis
- Leading a comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analysis, identifying key sensitivities.
- Summarizing complex analyses and conclusions in PowerPoint presentations to be delivered to senior leadership
- Assisting in development of recommendations for appropriate course(s) of action
Works collaboratively with Manufacturing, Sales, Supply Chain, and other departments to develop business alternatives, perform financial analysis of the alternatives, and develop recommendations for appropriate course(s) of action. Typical activities include:
- Analyzing historical production, sales and pricing data to evaluate constraints and opportunities
- Building models to compare alternatives in various scenarios
Works collaboratively with other analysts on the following:
- Board presentations
- Peer companies’ performance reviews after each earnings cycle
- Lease vs buy analyses
- 10-K production capacity tables
- Slides for earning calls presentations
- Weighted average cost of capital calculations
- Yearly slide deck summarizing production and profitability of main products
Successful incumbents will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a financial analysis position or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance/economics or equivalent. MBA a plus.
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; ability to work with multiple systems and combining data from multiple sources; an expert in data collection.
- Strong grasp and experience of leading financial modeling related to – Return on Invested Capital, Discounted Cash Flow (D), Payback Analysis, Net Present Value (NPV), IRR, Break-even analysis, etc.
- Lead unique, ad-hoc analysis and be able to conceptualize the type of analysis required to evaluate a business proposal.
- Ability to think critically, listen reflectively, consider many points of view on a topic, recognize connections, to guide leaderships decision making process.
- Communicate complex topics to a broad financial and non-financial audience.
- Must have strong interpersonal skill, ability to work effectively across functional areas and with all levels of the organization.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you’re working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields