Responsible for the implementation and compliance of policies, procedures, financial controls, financial reporting, and internal controls to optimize return on investment and profitability of the division. Ensures company assets are protected and risks are minimized.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Institute strong systems and controls that:
- Produce accurate financial reports.
- Protect assets of the company.
- Ensure adherence to Corporate policies.
- Warn of potential losses due to mistakes or theft.
- Take active role in controlling costs and cash flow.
- Warn of impending revenue / income shortfalls to budget and take active role in driving solutions.
- Develop financial strategy and plans that support organizational strategy.
- Directly oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll functions.
- Prepare daily sales and open order report. Identify potential risks in meeting forecasted performance.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements and financial package including financial performance and operational metrics.
- Present monthly financial performance to the executive leadership team.
- Analyze statistical information and performance metrics to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and forecast, identify problems and opportunities, and present practical solutions.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly account reconciliations and accruals ensuring supporting documentation is accurate and fulfills audit standards.
- Prepare written documentation of all financial processes which identify key and non-key controls.
- Manage divisional sales tax filings.
- Prepare the annual budget and assist in preparation of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Lead and manage internal audit, external audit, and quarterly physical inventory as applicable.
- Perform other related duties to support preparation of the companies consolidated financial statements, including review of other divisional information, analysis of data, and preparation of consolidating information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills.
- Professionally deliver presentations and speak in front of groups.
- Ability to embrace change.
- Exceptional numerical proficiency.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university required. CPA or similar certification preferred but not required.
- Four years accounting experience, manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience with Infor financial accounting software a plus.
- Travel 20% – 25%
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields