Field Technician – Automation, Controls and Instrumentation
Join a global company that works on sustainable solutions that has been growing successfully since 1945. Their philosophy is to lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people worldwide.
They need Automation, Controls and Instrumentation Technicians to service clients along the Mid-Atlantic East Coast. Bring your troubleshooting of VFDs, PLCs, and HMI software, and configuration and commissioning skills to the Advanced Manufacturing team. You will contribute to a dynamic team supporting our industrial, clean room, water, and wastewater clients.
Locations preferred: Liverpool, NY, Syracuse, and Charlotte NC.
Why work here?
- Company focuses on sustainable solutions
- Great benefits include Health, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k matching
- Overtime pay 1.5x over 40 hours plus per diem
- Vehicle provided for travel as needed
- Vacation based on years of experience of overall work history
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Commission, troubleshoot, and modify PLC-based control systems.
- Configure, calibrate, and commission instrumentation and analytical equipment
- Configure, commission, and troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drives and other motor control circuits
- Read and modify/update control, electrical, and P&ID drawings.
- Perform modifications to existing control systems
- Troubleshoot analog and digital circuits with the ability to troubleshoot to a device level with or without drawings and documentation.
- Configure, modify, and troubleshoot Operator Interface Terminals (OITs).
- Troubleshoot and modify SCADA software with remote assistance from controls engineers.
- Travel domestically up to 80% – mostly mid-Atlantic states
- Associates degree in electrical engineering or instrumentation technology or related degree; Equivalent years of experience considered in lieu of degree
- 1+ years of experience in industrial instrumentation, controls, and automation
- Experience with PLC programming software such as Rockwell (AB), Modicon, Emerson/GE, Siemens, and others
- Knowledge and experience with instrumentation commonly used in the industrial, water, and wastewater industries
- Knowledge and experience with Variable Frequency Drives; motor control circuits
- Familiarity and trained in NFPA 70E preferred
- SCADA systems experience is a plus
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields