Field Service Technician ~
East Hanover, NJ
$65,000 - $90,000 / yr
You need –
- Rare over nights but you may be requested to visit a client on short notice if their equipment is down and impacting their production
- Knowledge of electrical components, how to read schematics and basic trouble shooting
- Ability to install software and perform basic configuration including confirming IP addresses so their equipment can be diagnosed remotely
- Basic exposure to PLC controllers and Camera Inspection equipment, you don’t have to be able to program them, just some exposure to how they work inside equipment
- Confidence to make decisions in front of clients when needed to get problems resolved and equipment up and running again
The role is to provide service over the phone, email and in person to clients with deployed equipment under service contract.
You will need to diagnose, repair and document equipment repairs. You need to be calm under pressure, independent in your work and resourceful in troubleshooting and repairs on site. You may be called on to train clients, move, install, repair equipment as well as train operators on basic use and maintenance.
They provide excellent training of their product and processes and extensive training after a period of time in the field and basic knowledge is acquired. Final training would require time in HQ . The equipment is electro mechanical printing equipment used to produce commercial grade quality and quantities.
Of course full company benefits with medical and dental insurance, a expenses and a phone, laptop company car, gas card and expense account are provided.
The company is growing and they have plans to expand and capitalize on the unique technology and capabilities. They are about to launch another equipment line that will help them grow 30%+ over the next 5 years and service / installation of that equipment will be key.
The Field Service Tech role in the area has a high density of equipment so the role is mostly windshield time with you home almost every evening.
The company pays all expenses while on the road at client locations and provides very liberal time off and comp time off. You will be scheduled to visit key client locations and to meet with clients who have equipment issues that were not able to be handled remotely through internet connections or over the phone with tech support.
All travel arrangements are made for you and their travel service and direct billed to the company when possible and you are provided a company credit card for gas and expenses when traveling.
The company is a pace setter in the industry and uses in some capacity by 95% companies producing printed material in any form. Compensation runs into the $80’s with many of their techs today well into 6 figures based on their amount of travel.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields