Fabrication General Foreman – 1283698
A skilled and proactive leader who plans, organizes, balances, communicates, and controls plant operations; supervises, trains, and develops supervisors and staff to generate high volume and high yield, and provides recommendations to management and staff to improve overall plant efficiency and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of all department supervisors
· Analyze production problems and recommend and implement solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
· Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
· Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
· Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects and correct those identified.
· Guiding, directing, and motivating and including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
· Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Coaching, mentoring, or helping others to improve their knowledge and skills.
· Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts.
· Ensure Fabrication Supervisors run their areas productively and efficiently.
· Make sure employees are performing work in a safe and efficient manner.
· Ensure high quality of all areas.
· Act as a liaison between plant management and Fabrication Supervisors.
· Ensure all supervisors are following plant safety, quality, and attendance procedures.
· Attend to and give input at daily supervisor meetings within the fabrication area.
· Minimize downtime.
· Tour area frequently to ensure supervisors are performing their work properly and also to build employee morale.
· Work on various special projects in the fabrication area.
· Ensure fabrication area reaches its daily standard and make sheet criteria, correct procedures if necessary.
· Responsible for preparing annual evaluations on all Fabrication Supervisors.
· Directly involved in disciplinary procedures with supervisors. These may range from verbal warnings to terminations.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a beef processing plant
· Strong organizational interpersonal & communication skills
· Bilingual important but not necessary
· Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the US
· Must pass pre-employment physical and random drug test to be eligible for employment
· High School Diploma or GED with College education preferred but not required
· Must be able read, write, and speak English
· Must be able to communicate effectively in a diverse workforce and with upper management
· Ability to stand, bend, lift up to 50 pounds
· Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and stooping, as needed.
· Ability to work 8-10 hours a day in a cold or hot environment.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields