Who we are –
We are an experiential design firm–based in Nashville, Tennessee. We create experiences that move people, and you may have seen our work previously. Throughout our 30–year history we have created spaces for the Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Rams, Stanford, Tennessee Titans, North Carolina, UCLA, Penn State, TCU and many others. We are creative thinkers, problem solvers, and challenge seekers.
Our core values –
1) Clutch – We will come through in crucial situations. We respond confidently to adversity and challenges. We. Get. Stuff. Done.
2) Relationally Intelligent – We care about how others think, feel and act – and adjust our actions accordingly. We are empathetic.
3) Upbeat – We come to work through choice not necessity and act in a way that is appropriate to the environment. We will choose our attitude. We will be genuinely friendly and optimistic.
4) Selfless – We are humble, yet direct and accountable. We put the team and the customer first.
5) Creative Problem Solver – We find innovative yet effective ways to overcome difficult situations. We are resourceful and agile.
Our opportunity – The Experience Designer role at Advent requires a blended set of skills to tackle high-concept spatial graphic and experience ideation. An ideal candidate will be a well–rounded artist with a great “design eye,” who exhibits an unwavering attitude to push above the norm of his/her field. The primary goal of the Experience Designer is to imagine and execute something out of nothing.
● Work with a Design Director and Senior Designers to execute the vision of the project.
● Work under a Design Director to conceptualize high–impact concept designs.
● Play a critical role in ideation during Sandbox events with clients.
● Have the knowledge to create and proof production–ready art files.
● Work alongside other designers of all levels to cohesively reach a design goal.
● Manage him/herself to deliver multiple designs for multiple projects in a given week.
● Clearly articulate design ideas in client–facing meetings.
● Maintain and strengthen primary design skills while learning and adding disciplines to your repertoire (i.e. graphic designer learning to work in space, industrial designer learning graphic design, architect learning typography).
● Consistently produce client–ready work.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a design–related field or equitable professional experience.
● A design background with 3–5 years of design experience is required.
● Strong experience/working knowledge in these disciplines: Graphic Design, Environmental/Spatial Design, or Industrial Design With the ability to lead or speak into each of them.
● Preferred experience in and around Architecture, Industrial Design, and Exhibit Design.
● A portfolio demonstrating the previously mentioned design capabilities is required.
● Ability to communicate big ideas and key themes/stories through sketching and graphics.
● A demonstrated working knowledge of Google Suite, Mac platform, Adobe Suite, SketchUp is required.
● The ability to speak in groups and be client–facing to clearly articulate design ideas is a preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
● Detail–oriented in the approach to solving problems using design thinking.
● Inspired bythe unknown; not afraid to take on new assignments that may be outside your comfort zone.
● A self–starter with the ability to learn quickly.
● Ability to be proactive not reactive; advanced problem–solving skills; ability to “think on your feet”.
● Effective communication skills, internal (teams, leadership) and external (vendors, clients).
● Be enthusiastic and have a good attitude.
● Embrace change.
Working Environment/Physical Demands –
● Reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motion.
● Primarily office–based work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, sits or
● Close visual acuity to perform activities at distances close to the eye.
● Subject to activities that occur inside and outside, heat and noise.
● When working in the office, not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
By nature, this job description cannot be exhaustive: additional responsibilities, duties, skills,
efforts, requirements and working conditions may be associated with this job.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields